Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 13.11.2005, 12:12 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Default Please confirm that part 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16 on TI is bugged

Hello

First of all, my english skills are not that good so have patience with any miss-spellings.

The latest week i have tried to figure out why a bassdrum patch of mine sometimes wont play back without noise & clicks on my TI Keyboard.
And finally, yesterday i discovered proof that the Virus engine is bugged, and that some noise problems is not due to the use of USB.
The bug is most easily showed by the fact that the LFO leds on the Virus wont react while the LFO is set to Env mode on one of the parts 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16

But this is also linked to my problem - because the problem with unwanted noise bursts on my bassdrum patch is only hearable when i play it on a even numbered part!!!

Now i would like you to confirm my discoverys.

Follow these simple steps on your Ti synthesizer:

1. Make sure Vcontrol is disabled.

2. Enter either Multi or Sequense mode.

3. Choose an even numbered part.

4. Choose an Init sound on the even numbered part.

5. Assign OSC1/OSC2 to LFO 1 to the extent that you can hear the effect
sweeping back and forth when playing some notes to that part.

6. Notice that the LFO 1 Led follows the change in pitch as the LFO sweeps just like it should do.

7. Now press the LFO 1 Env Mode button

Play some notes again, and notice that the LFO led wont move at all.
It does not react to the LFO curve as it should.

And this is the case only on part 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16 while it works like it should on the odd numbered parts. This is very strange to me.

I have a bassdrum patch that uses the LFO Env mode function to generate the bassdrum effect - and this patch will get me random click & noise sounds when played on part 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16.

I have uploaded the patch as an attachment here for you to try.

Please, could anyone try this out and tell me of the results?

And dont try it in Single mode or Vcontrol...
Attached Files
File Type: zip 732_1131886924.zip (812 Bytes, 9 views)
Old 13.11.2005, 07:54 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Please, could anyone confirm this problem so i know its not just the case of my synthesizer?? 8O

I just tested the Led problem in Vcontrol and it is the same thing there.
LFO leds in Env mode works on Odd numbered parts but stays dead on even numbered parts.

I will upload a file with 2 mp3`s that displays the noiseburts i get when using the bassdrum patch on one of the even numbered parts.
This clicks and pops will not appear on parts 1,3,5,7,9,11 etc..
Attached Files
File Type: zip 732_1131915236.zip (47.9 KB, 11 views)
Old 13.11.2005, 08:43 PM
Veteran
Veteran

I could get the LFO LED bug on even parts but not the click..
I think these two issues are separate.

I've had the click some time ago, my conditions at the time seem to be leave USB outs unassigned from any part and only while a long pad was playing on the analog outs. The click would only be comming out of USB2 (VSTi virus plugin)
Old 13.11.2005, 08:55 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs
I could get the LFO LED bug on even parts but not the click..
I think these two issues are separate.

I've had the click some time ago, my conditions at the time seem to be leave USB outs unassigned from any part and only while a long pad was playing on the analog outs. The click would only be comming out of USB2 (VSTi virus plugin)
Did you try my patch within Vcontrol? I tried loading the patch in Vcontrol and got no clicks at all, but as soon i load it in Sequenser or Multi mode its hearable again.

I think its related somehow since this problem only shows up on Even parts, and this patch uses the Env mode to create the bassdrum effect.

So there is something going on with Env mode - and only on even numbered parts.. I find it bizarre to say the least!
Old 13.11.2005, 09:09 PM
Veteran
Veteran

I have confirmed it and reported it.
Old 13.11.2005, 09:13 PM
Veteran
Veteran

BTW - just a little hint concerning that sound if I may?

When programming kick sounds, or any other percussion sounds for that matter, you may want to consider setting Oscillator Phase Init to a value other than 0. It allows for a clean, predictable attack phase, which free-running oscillators do not.
Old 13.11.2005, 10:46 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben crosland
BTW - just a little hint concerning that sound if I may?

When programming kick sounds, or any other percussion sounds for that matter, you may want to consider setting Oscillator Phase Init to a value other than 0. It allows for a clean, predictable attack phase, which free-running oscillators do not.
Wow thanks for that tip! :D
I have always wondered why my bassdrums have such a dynamic touch to them... hehe

Did you try the patch and hear the crackles or could you only confirm the led problem??
It doesnt matter anyway, because im sure that if they fix the led problem the crackling will go away since i get no crackles on odd numbered parts. Its somehow linked.

Anyway, thanks alot for taking your time. Now my soul can rest for the moment - its not my unit that is broken... And i will keep doing music oddly-wise until they release a fix. :-)

Its great to have you around this forum as the holy link to Access!
You must have gotten whine-immune by now since you still show up!! ;)
Old 13.11.2005, 10:55 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by index

Did you try the patch and hear the crackles or could you only confirm the led problem??
Both.

Quote:
It doesnt matter anyway, because im sure that if they fix the led problem the crackling will go away since i get no crackles on odd numbered parts. Its somehow linked.
Possibly, although they may not actually be linked at all - appearances can be very deceptive!