Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 20.03.2006, 04:21 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Default i know this is going to be unpopular but...

...i have to say it.

I LOVE MY VIRUS TI.

i know many many people are frustrated and at their wits end with this, but im sure access is going to come through soon enough. yes, they have been silent about 1.1, and the vst is not quite there yet, but...
dont get me wrong, i think that access should release 1.1 pretty quickly, and i feel sorry for people who are having lots of crashes, but being in support myself, i know that its difficult to be all things to all people. i wonder if my good experiences are an isolated case, or what?

heres my situation: i have the polar, 1.09, have usb hooked up and analog outputs. thats it. so far:

-its been extremely stable. i get no stuck notes. i dont use multimode. i only use seq mode.
-ive never had a dsp crash. hope i never do.
-vst doesnt really work. no big shocker there. im happy enough that everything works solidly through the usb, and that i can use i can kinda use VC as a patch manager.
-i cant wait for the remote control version, but for now, again im happy to program the moog and other stuff to LEARN knob cc's, so its no big thing.
-i love the sound. i love the sound. i love how hard it can be. i love how soft and thin it can sound. i love how im discovering new things all the time. i love how i can make a bass sound that inspires a bass line that inspires a whole song.

i remember back in the EARLY days of the nord modular, when there were similar kinds of complaints about the lack of response from clavia. there were all sorts of press releases about new exciting features coming out (that never came out). and i remember being mostly happy with version 2.xx, and doing the upgrade to 3.03 and actually having some features taken OUT that i liked. i was frustrated, but i put it all in perspective: its a f_cking synthesizer, people!

there are lots of frustrated people on this board, and i definitely feel sorry for you. but, for what its worth, THANKS access! i am a happy buyer.
Old 20.03.2006, 04:24 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to aisling

rock on dude!

Living Green, this is how we do it.....
http://www.creativeartflow.com/Joyre...rt/gallery.htm
Old 20.03.2006, 05:14 PM

I, too, have a Polar (1.0.9) connected with MIDI cables and 1/4" outputs, running in sequencer mode most of the time, and it is very stable too.

Problems occur, however, if I simultaneously play notes on it WHILE switching rapidly through patches WHILE a multi-part sequence is PLAYING. The Polar locks up, often with a blaring sound that can only be silenced by unplugging the instrument.

I take it you haven't had this happen? Do you ever cycle through patches, playing through sounds on one part, while five other parts are being played by the sequencer? I can make my Polar crash somewhat regularly by doing this, whether using MIDI cables or the USB MIDI.
Old 20.03.2006, 05:16 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Ditto,
I've knocked all VSTi's bar Microtonic on the head, I use the USB to send midi and patch information.
Its got a patch for every occasion, or will produce the right patch with the minimum of fuss.
I've had the DSP hiss a few times, and now and again a channel will go quiet in seq mode.
A quick reset and its back.
All the PC does now is audio recording and effects.
If I start to use the hardware sequencer and get a standalone multitrack, its goodbye PC altogether.

Now then, who wants to exchange their hardware multitrack for my 909 ?
Old 21.03.2006, 12:47 PM
Pro
Pro

I too am happy with my Ti, the first one kept blue-screening and pops and clicks e.t.c so I took it back and exchanged it for another one and it's fine, no problems whatsoever.

My only gripe (sorry!) would be the lack of a powerswitch on the back. I think the transpose buttons to switch it on was a step backward.

Other than that - happy as Larry
Old 21.03.2006, 01:28 PM

I love my TI too, works perfectly 95% of the time for me, even using Virus Control.

It's that last 5% thatc an be annoying at times though. Oh well, it's getting there, 1.1 is just around the corner and I bet a lot of people see improvements with that.
Old 21.03.2006, 01:32 PM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarekith
I love my TI too, works perfectly 95% of the time for me, even using Virus Control.

It's that last 5% thatc an be annoying at times though. Oh well, it's getting there, 1.1 is just around the corner and I bet a lot of people see improvements with that.
Same here, 95 % satisfaction and i only use USB and Virus control (1.07)
Only Apr timing loss now and then
http://www.thegirlnextdoor.de/Virusforum.htm
http://www.myspace.com/thegirlnextdoormusic
Old 21.03.2006, 02:16 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Im using Cubase SX 3.1 with my Virus T.I Keyboard, at first i had all sorts of timing problems and stuff but then i started looking to see what was going on..In the end i went into the devices panel in Cubase SX and clicked on ( SEND RESET MESSAGE TO ALL DEVICES ) in the top left corner and all the lights on my Virus T.I lit up...When i pressed play Cubase ran in perfect sync for at least 2 hours.
When it went out of sync i simply went back into Cubase and reset all devices again..
Hope its a help to some of you..
Cheers Robbie uk[/b]
Old 22.03.2006, 12:16 AM
Am starting to like this forum

I'm already doing that, alot faster than restarting cubase like I used too! ... but now that I'm working on more complex projects I have to reset all devices like every 20 min =/
Old 22.03.2006, 11:04 AM
New here
New here

nice post ACCESS . . . .