Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 22.03.2006, 08:22 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Default Virus T.I K/B Pops & Clicks even in Stand Alone Mode...H

i have unplugged the virus t.i from the rest of my system due to never ending bugs in the v.c softwsre 1.09...i have decided to make my own patches until 1.1 is released,however even as a stand alone unit with just my head phones plugged in the back im hearing clicks and pops but only when applying delay,reverb or arp's to my patches and funny enough this is all happening when i choose the hypersaw mode as my oscillators.
does anyone else have these problems,i dont know whether the machine is faulty or its the software.i have only had the virus 10 days.
cheers any advice most welcome
robbie uk
Old 22.03.2006, 08:37 AM
Am starting to like this forum

Pops and clicks are the most common bug, depending on the patch, e.g. yesterday I was playing with Atx bass patch and without tweaking it, loud clicks appeared so I switched back and forth to the same patch and ok ,no problem. I still cannot find a way to reproduce them.
Old 22.03.2006, 08:55 AM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Hello,
You're not the only one with this problems !
Sometimes, I have the exactly same problems with clicking in standalone mode. Most of the time it's when I apply the cutoff filter, then I hear some clicks, wich go even through the effect section, e.g. if I play a note and turn the cutoff knob, it causes a click that can be heard with delay and reverb.
I suppose that means that the TIOS is still quite buggy, and the hardware itself isn't the problem.

1.1, where are thou??
Old 22.03.2006, 09:00 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

if access dont hurry up with 1.1 i'll have to go back to work lol... i went 3 weeks sick now just coz i wanted to play with my virus hehe.knowing my luck 1.1 will come out the day i have to go back to work and lay some bricks...puh
cheers robbie uk
Old 22.03.2006, 11:16 AM
New here
New here

With identical Os and hardware and in standalone mode (no usb) some people are having no hassle and some are not . . . . . what does this mean ? If you want a laugh checkout Access response to all the bad press on the general posts

'I LOVE MY TI ' message

mailed by someone working for them no doubt or affiliated . . . such a poor attempt to balance up bad press by a company who seem uable to admit thye have sent out dodgy hardware or so gear to people knowing that it doesnt work . . . . why are So many people having problems and yet people continue to make out its user error or something ? Really weird . . . . i am not paranoid but i think they have people on this forum working for them and that they are covering up something . . . . persoanlly i dont think the chips are powerfull enough to hadnle complex multi's and the crashes and noises are due to this sometimes and that THE main problem is that they pushed it To far . . . . somethings not right . . . . ACCESS MUST have tried and found some of these Bugs by now >????????why cant they simply mail and dsay to people - these issues are real on some systems . . .. ???instead they make out its all fine . ..
Old 22.03.2006, 11:36 AM

Are you guys sending midi clock to the TI when using it in standalone mode by any chance? Are there any certain patches that exhibit the pops more than others?
Old 22.03.2006, 01:10 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

what you going on about mate? a synth of this price shouldnt have pops and clicks at any stage, i meant i unplugged the usb and midi totally from the p.c while just sticking a pair of head phones in the back of the virus,as soon as i started applying fx the damn thing pops more than fucking popcorn in a microwave ffs...
Ben Crossland was using 1.1 at Namm and thats why i bought the damn thing in the first place only to get home and find my software was missing a couple of features,i mean you would have thought the guy in the shop would have told me the thing wasnt right wouldnt you...
another ?1499 in accesses sky rocket (pocket for all you none englishmen here) lol.
Access are AVIN A LARF if they think their palming me off with a machine that just dont cut it....
P.S
When Ben Crosland demonstrated 1.1 at Namm why could they just post that version on their site for us to get on with?
Day by Day this fiasco goes on so comon ACCESS REDEEM yourselves this is bad customer service i mean just let us know whennnnnnnnnnnn 1.1 is coming...
Im 35 now i dont wanna be an old cunt by the time i get my virus working...
Cheers all and sorry for the rant im pissed of with this thing thats all..hope access prove me wrong and release 1.1 that actually works... and your right mate i think people here are looking out for access interests too..you can tell by their posts...and the BROWN TONGUE
Cheers Robbie uk
Old 22.03.2006, 01:17 PM

The version Ben had at Namm was NOT 1.1, it was a prerelease beta to show off some of the new features. That OS was not working fully, so posting it for others to use would have led to even more complaints.

Why do people keep wanting Access to post an unfinished OS they know has bugs still? Just to say you got 1.1?
Old 22.03.2006, 01:24 PM
Am starting to like this forum

I've tested 1.1 beta 3 by mistake, and I have to say that it was far more buggy than the 1.0.9 I'm using now. Last week I had a conversation with my access dealer and he suggested me to re-install 1.0.9 firmware. I don't see any point doing this though. Has anybody seen any differences?
Old 25.03.2006, 04:02 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

I have the exact same problem. Even runnig as standalone. Sometimes, I think Aceess is using us to test their product.

There are a lot of bugs with TI firmware. How come company like Access releases these OS s and firmwares without properly testing and letting their customers down! I spend more than a week to get these clicks and dist.. resolved.. I tested 1.0.9 on two seperate units (incase one of them had issues) and have exact same problem. I think Access rushed TI to market witout testing it and developing it propertly.

Yes, you've got the hardware but the firmware is being developped and testes (by us) as we speak.
I ve been in touch with Access team and I think they are not being honest. I am not blaming the support team they are doing their best to help me (us). It is the marketing and sales guys who puts us in this shit!.....All they care about is $$$ and quick $$$. Release now and test it later...

I hope they change their atttiues..

SH