Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 22.03.2006, 10:11 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by H5N1-Virusinfected
I wonder what MOOG is up to....?

Revealing something new at Frankfurt, I suppose.
Cool, something polyphonic? ...it don't look like a memorymoog..hmm
Old 22.03.2006, 10:15 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

yeah...Polyphonic would be cool..

Two voices

** Virus TI, DSI Prophet 8, Korg Triton Studio, Nord Electro 3 and some other stuff... **
Old 22.03.2006, 10:20 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Clue #1: Picture
Clue #2 Could it be Wood? It must be a Boomerang...
Clue #3: Finally in Black and White ...hmm

from Moog forum:
"I talked with an insider from Moog.
THey said that the Brand name woudl start with an "M"
"

Old 22.03.2006, 11:02 AM
New here
New here

HI

the nords are great , if the Ti is to much oif alianbility which i feel it is at this price (you dont pay ?1299 for speaker shredding !) then i would go for the Virus c .I use the Xt ? its a good synth but i have fund i cant get it to sync to midi clock well , it also has a weird bug that trips out midex when the usb mid is connected and the worst thing of all is that it seems REALLY slow and has latency on knobs when its loaded with samples and yoor using large samples for Osc . . .for modelling analogue ( not samples as osc ) its fantastic though and hasa well rounded sound , some of the best compressed bass sounds ive heard and very similiar to the jp 8000 but i would say more rounded and also compressed sound.It Can scream also . . . . .all in all itsa great synth but not up to the job of a full variphrase sampler . . . using samples you can make Really freaky sounds though . . . . The ti thinks a liability for retail price . . . . or uit is to me - until they sort out this out access geta thumbs down for me - its selfish to put people through this hassle whilst taking THEIR money . . . . odd mentality . . . . to release a synth in this way .Go for the C i would say - try the Xt first before buying . . . .its not great for fast knob tweaks
and stuff . . .
Old 22.03.2006, 11:20 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Yeah...the instant tweaking is one of the reasons I got the TI.
Tired if going into menues and submenues to make a new setting on a parameter....

** Virus TI, DSI Prophet 8, Korg Triton Studio, Nord Electro 3 and some other stuff... **
Old 22.03.2006, 01:00 PM
New here
New here

That's why I prefer the v-synth keyboard to the XT. Many more knobs, sliders, and controllers.
Old 22.03.2006, 03:51 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad
That's why I prefer the v-synth keyboard to the XT. Many more knobs, sliders, and controllers.
True,and the X;Y is not the touch screen !!!Wich helps a lot....

Never had any timing problems with mine though,nothing !!!
Old 23.03.2006, 12:22 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

The Nords kick arse in my opinon. My NL2 is still my favourite synth for any sounds I want to cut through the mix (and a lot inbetween too). The Notch/LP combo is great - wish it had an input though. Bass response is great as well. It can be sooo much more agressive than my VirusC with little processing

The V-synths are great machines! I've spent a heap of time demoing an XT, and it really is a fun synth. I just loaded samples from an MD and got some great results. So quick and easy to come up with a good sound. I still think they're just a little bit too expensive though - specially due to the steppy-ness of them. If the filters and pitch worked without stepping, I would've bought one after the first day demoing, but I ended up taking the Kontakt route instead. One day when the prices drop I'll be picking one up though.

I think people are better off these days buying a few used peices than spending the money on a "boutique" synth. A few different charactures of sound for a lot less money.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut