Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 25.01.2010, 04:18 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Default Buy iMac i7 ??

Thinking of buying one of the new i7 iMac and using my TI1 as a sound card. Anyone have any experience with this, comparability issues ?? Will be using logic studio 9
thanks in advance.
Old 25.01.2010, 08:42 PM
New here
New here

Am using Live, are you talking about the 27in iMac? Mine suffers from screen flicker and blackouts. The problem is wide spread and as yet not fixed, Don't buy it at the minute, until they have the problems ironed out, google imac screen flicker and you can read all about it
Old 26.01.2010, 12:27 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

thats interesting that you say it is not fixed, the apple store tells me it was fixed with a frimware update. Do you connect it to your Virus TI with USB ? any issues
Old 26.01.2010, 01:27 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

well, there's a few minor issues.

The first is that it works with the newest update, but you have to type in some code using the terminal utility. It is very simple and I'm sure it will be fixed with os4, which should come very soon. But you could never run a viruscontrol os before 3, I assume.

the second issue is that it uses internal hubs for the usb. Not a big deal, really, unless you are going to be using a lot of the ports while you are working on music. There are two internal hubs, and stuff like the bluetooth, card reader, etc are attached. I use a firewire sound card.

When I first got it, there were issues with the viruscontrol. But now it's working great.
Old 30.01.2010, 08:13 PM
New here
New here

I don't think it is possible to purchase an i7 from apple at the moment, I have flickering screen which the update as not fixed. There are a lot of us in the same boat, USB with virus works fine, my only problems have been with Live 8
Old 15.07.2010, 08:16 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

I have the I7 iMac 27 inch and it's awesome, I never had any screen issues and I know they have made available patches for those that did although I have never had to install the,. Don't even worry about it. I am using it with Logic 8 and have just installed a Virus Snow. I also have an Apogee Duet. I am about to get a FW800 drive as well.