Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 01.11.2009, 01:09 AM
Pro
Pro

Have you tried reading the Logic Tutorials that are under your Virus TI install folder in the start bar...?

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/

Old 01.11.2009, 10:34 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

setup one instrument track. then 16 midi tacks. in each midi track select the virus ti as the input. then for each respective track you should be able to select 1-16 different midi channels for each of the 16 midi channels. there should be a logic tutorial in the virus documentation.
Old 11.11.2009, 12:09 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

That Method doesn't work in logic. I can't give the MIDI channels an input. Just groups. Also the tutorial doesn't do anything.
Old 11.11.2009, 05:51 PM
New here

You need to setup a multitimbral instrument in logic

Select new track... click on the New Software Instrument and make sure to check the multitimbral option and set at 16... logic will open 16 channels with each one assigned to a different MIDI channel. Choose Virus TI multi-output AU as the audio in and it should work normal.
Old 14.11.2009, 12:10 AM
Complete Newbie

Mmmm lets see..

Im using an M-Audio Profire 610 Audio interface. On the Back there are two regular inputs and in the front two XLR mic inputs. On both outputs 1 and 2 with jsut the left channel only, I have them both going into the inputs on the back. I also have both the in and out SPDIF going from the virus to the SPDIF of the audio interface. How to I get logic to read them?
Old 14.11.2009, 12:10 AM
Complete Newbie

Mmmm lets see..

Im using an M-Audio Profire 610 Audio interface. On the Back there are two regular inputs and in the front two XLR mic inputs. On both outputs 1 and 2 with jsut the left channel only, I have them both going into the inputs on the back. I also have both the in and out SPDIF going from the virus to the SPDIF of the audio interface. How to I get logic to read them?
Old 14.11.2009, 09:12 AM
New here
New here

Not sure if this is any help to u and im sure there is a better way but this is how i have my virus set up in logic 8

I have the TI loaded in as a multi channel instrument.
Then in the enviroment (mixer window) on the channel with the virus loaded click the little + button in the bottom right of that channel below the mute and solo buttons. This then duplicates the instrument channel with the virus loaded in to it.

Name the duplicate channel virus 2 or something
Then on that duplicate channel got to the inspector on the left hand side of the enviroment
You need to change the midi channel value from 1 to 2 and so on for as many parts as u want, remembering to change the midi channel value to match. 1, 2, 3 etc
If you repeat these steps for as many channels as you want u can then play multiple parts from the virus.

However there is a problem with this method. And that is because you are basically duplicating the same instrument channel and just changing the midi channel value it means that if you say wanted to adjust the pan or volume or even add a effect to 1 part through logic it duplicate the changes to all.

I.E if i insert a compressor to a sound it inserts that same compressor across all channels i have duplicated. Hence there is a better way of setting it up but i aint got round to looking it up yet. My friend has some instructions apparently but i have not had time to see him about them yet. For now tho i get round it by using the mixer in the virus or bouncing a sound down if i want to add more extreme fx's or plugins to a sound.

P.S I only have my virus connected through USB too. Again im not sure if this is correct.....i am mearly a learner. Im sure others with more knowledge would be of greater help to you. Maybe even give me some advise on better setting up and running of my TI.

thanks
Old 21.11.2009, 12:17 AM
Complete Newbie

Ah I am trying to get over this obstacle too.
Old 21.11.2009, 03:43 PM
Complete Newbie

One problem I have is that when I try to look for outputs to put into auxillaries, the virus's outs (USB) don't even show up. I have it in multimode (VC).
Old 10.08.2010, 04:24 AM
Complete Newbie

Well looks like its time I dusted off the virus and Im still tackling this problem. What Audio Interfaces do you guys use when having the virus with Multi Outs?