Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 22.08.2011, 10:32 PM
Newborn
Newborn

Default Virus TI 1 Multi/Single scenario; issues

Hello All!

After many years of absence and having been a faithful owner of the previous Virus line (A-C), I now have a TI 1 and am finding it quite joyful!

However, I am stoopified by a couple of simple things and would like some help.

I am using my TI stand alone from the computer, just programming it on the front panel. I like to make all my patches and multis from scratch every time I start a new track, so here's the sitch:

I start in a fresh Multi and for each of parts 1-3, I use ROM A 127 INIT to begin my fun. I do this 3 times (Parts 1-3) and voila, I am ready to save this pile of work to use for a song recording. Great...except...I can't find a way to save/rename each of the 3 patches that were all made from the same original Single slot. Ok. So, I read here that the first 15 Multis in the TI can't just be saved and they will remember EVERYTHING - including individual patch information. Ok. That's amazing. So I do it. Bam. Change to a different Multi and then come back. Voila' - everything is just as I left it. So, I toggle through the Single Patch area of each part and find that they all still say:
ROM A 127 INIT despite all three being VERY different sounds from one another. Weird. But cool, I guess since it saved a lot of fuckery in renaming and saving.
But, now I get a complete destructo meltdown fuckup of all three sounds randomly when I engage my sequencer. Sometime they all play fine - just like I saved them, but sometimes this chaotic crazy loudness happens. My instinct tells me that the Virus doesn't like the fact that all three patches are "the same" patch - even though their sounds are drastically different.

So, it seems to me, that I would like to be able to save each Single that I have edited in a Multi, while still in Multi. How do I do this, please? Whenever I try to Store, it only wants to store the Multi.

Help?!

Thanks!
Brooks