Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 08.10.2005, 08:52 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to emperor
Default Back after defection to Supernova...

Hi Guys, I aint been about in a long while. last thing i said here was that i was selling my Virus A to upgrade to a b version. Then i saw a Supernova 2R, that was cheap and was dazzled by it, for a while. I dare say some of you own both Access, and Supernova2. But god i missed those fragile crisp sounds that the virus can make, the SN2 is brilliant at analogue, but hasnt got the top end. So as I cant afford to get a Virus as well just yet, im gonna Sell it and finally get miself what i wanted in the first place, a Virus b. If i was out to work I would have bought the C version or Ti by now, but until my heart op comes along i will have to sell my bum, and grandmothers to make up the cash ..................
Old 08.10.2005, 09:50 AM
This forum member lives here

Welcome Back!

So the supernova was no good???? When I went to buy my Virus, it was a toss up between the Nova, and the RackXL. Im pretty sure I made the right decision

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 08.10.2005, 10:16 AM

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

I dont have an SN, but do have a KS-Rack (which is has a sound engine derived from a stripped down nova) that I have making alot of use of over the past 6 months.

Im still not sure if it has a place now that I have the TI - I would guess the answer is yes - there are some sounds on the KS-Rack that that *may* be hard to exactly reproduce on the TI, but generally I am finding that I end up with something close, but alltogether *much* more alive and preferable.

I know the SN does alot the KS Rack cant touch and the tone is slightly different, but even so, I dont think you will miss it if you get a TI and are not bothered about exactly re-producing old SN sounds.
Old 08.10.2005, 11:01 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to emperor

I only wish I had the TI, but for now I can only get the Virus B, Hi Jasedee, like the avatar, (Pink floyd my heroes) . Well the Supernova is so easy to get great sounds out of, and I would dearly love to have virus and supernova 2. simple to get awesome sounds. But i do also have the K station rack, Khazul , so I could still get a little of that novations sound, even if its not got the low end clout of the Supernova.

(Must admit the K station racks a brilliant little synth, It replaced that lemon the OB12 and never regretted it.)

In fact i dont think ive ever found such an intuitively laid out synth as the Supernova, but for all round timbres, and possibiltys the Virus is king. Im not asking for any synth to be the best of all, i was just happy with the range of sounds the Virus A had. I love the 64 waveforms. As some great samples are in there, let alone the analogue modelling. So the b version I look forward to matching up with my trinity as the prestige range of my setup

As per usual i might regret getting rid of it, in the future when things are up, and im a multimillionaire selling artist 8O , I'll buy all my old faves again :P lol
Old 08.10.2005, 12:31 PM

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

If you allready have a KS-Rack, then switching the Nova for a Virus B will probably work out very well.

One thing that did occur to me why I will still use the KS-Rack is just because its sound character is different. Allways nice to mix up different synth and fx engines for the different characters they each have - you can have too much of a good thing

On low end clout - Ive manged to get some serious low end speaker abuse out of the KS-Rack - stack a pair of voices in multi mode - use one for the sound character you want, use another to add weight.

Only problem you might face is I think the polyphony handling in multi mode is a little buggy - but its not a problem if you have end up using all the polyphony.