Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 24.01.2006, 11:21 AM
New here
New here

Default Virus TI keyboard with Ableton live 5

Hi,

I have mine conneted to my yamha 01v through the sp/diff connections and it works perfect unitl i select it as a plugin in live and everything goes wrong (suprise suprise),
i start getting cracks and pops when i play.

just wondered if any one else was having the same problem

thanks
Cryptic
Old 24.01.2006, 07:08 PM
This forum member lives here

Hi cryptic, I am currently using the TI in Live 5 without pops and clicks. What are your settings? (ie soundcard, buffer size etc.)
Old 24.01.2006, 10:50 PM
New here
New here

Alright.

I am using the TI as the sound card with the s/pdif going to my yamaha o1v with the output going to my tannoy 6ds which are active monitors. i have tried different buffer sizes but no luck, im guessing that it has something to do with the s/pdif connections/sync between the keyboard and the mixer as i tried it with the analogue output and it worked perect.

as i said before the s/pdif works perfect outside of live.

Are you using the s/pdif?

thanks
Old 24.01.2006, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic UK
Alright.

Are you using the s/pdif?

thanks
No, I am not using s/pdif, but I am currently using the TI as my soundcard with the buffer set to 128 samples. Believe it or not, I am finding live 5 to be a bit more stable than my cubase sx 3 setup. In cubase I would get pops and clicks launching the TI, audio dropouts in RMX etc, but haven't experienced that in Live and am pushing it pretty hard right now.
Old 26.01.2006, 10:14 AM
New here
New here

Hi Doc,

I took all of my leads out and just started with the USB straight into my mac and then pluged my headphones in to the TI and the samething happened cracks and pops and also when i select the input from the TI in live i get a constant overload level, if i wanted to record anything into the TI i couldnt, so there is nothing wrong with my s/pdif connections/sync(thankfully) it must be to do with the USB.

However i tried putting the buffer size down to 128 and that seems workable but there is still that overload on the input for some reason so i cant record the TIs own output or anything else i want to put through the 01v.

One time i was in live and i manged to crash it, then when i started it up again the input seemed to be working perfect, then when started live again it was back to normal overload again,which is very strange. I think the it needs a driver update.

thanks
Old 26.01.2006, 10:24 AM

really interesting. Are you using Live 5.03? Perhaps an uninstall and a clean reinstall of Live and even the TI software? Right now, I have live running with an instance of the TI's Virus Control with about 4 sounds being generated via midi tracks in Live without any pops or clicks. My only issue is with sounds not being properly recalled after closing the live set and reopening it later.

Do me a favor when you get a chance, launch the TI VC in Live and select a sound. Tweak the sound a little (filter/waveform etc) and then save the live set (including doing a self contained save). Close the set and then reopen it. Does the proper sound come up in both the TI's VC and the TI hardware. Also, did the sound keep all the tweaks?

thanks.
Old 20.02.2006, 04:10 PM
New here
New here

I just got my TI this weekend and experienced the same deal in Live. The solutionw as to set my driver type to ASIO and that solved the problem.