Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > The forum members' music

The forum members' music Here you can post links to your music and listen to and comment other forum members' music.

Old 25.09.2003, 05:43 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Default Herkkusieni - Sieni, jonka vasen silm? on oikeaa silm??..

Herkkusieni - Sieni, jonka vasen silm? on oikeaa silm?? oranssimpi ja jonka ?iti on t?iss? teurastamolla

(Mushroom - A fungus which left eye is more orange than the left one and its mother works in the slaughterhouse)

http://www.kolumbus.fi/juho.lepisto/Sieni11.mp3

The DnB track will be released later.
Old 26.09.2003, 01:18 AM

its playing now....

i really like the intro juho, the bongo-ish drum with that melody fit really well! but, then those splattering snares leading into a 4/4 beat throw the track into a corny feeling!

again once the 4/4 beat comes in, the bassline there doesnt fit so well...im glad i can still hear those bongos underneath, but still....

when the beat drops away, it sounds great...those pan-pipes are excellent..although i rekon u let the melody get out of control with them....i like the parts where they are layered along side a faint piano or something....

that choir sound would be ok, but again, because its sitting next to that 4/4 beat...it just doesnt do it for me!! plus im not really into the choir sounds much....

im on the 3rd listen now.....the more minimalist parts are definately my favorite partts of the song....IMO it sounds like u got carried away too much.....the intro created a nice feel....but the basslines and the 4/4 took the feel away....it became too cluttered!

so when is the DnB track gunna be posted?!?
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 26.09.2003, 05:56 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowcell
i really like the intro juho, the bongo-ish drum with that melody fit really well! but, then those splattering snares leading into a 4/4 beat throw the track into a corny feeling!

again once the 4/4 beat comes in, the bassline there doesnt fit so well...im glad i can still hear those bongos underneath, but still....
The goal was to create corny song with completely non-compatible melody/atmosphere. It took about 30 minutes from me to create that beatiful track. Kitaranraiskaaja did the recorder solos, Snowblind did the panflute and I did the rest.

Quote:
when the beat drops away, it sounds great...those pan-pipes are excellent..although i rekon u let the melody get out of control with them....
I thought I'd not live long enough to hear a sincere comment like this one on Herkkusieni.

Quote:
i like the parts where they are layered along side a faint piano or something....
That faint piano is kantele. Finnish traditional instrument. And that melody is also traditional Kalevala melody.

Quote:
IMO it sounds like u got carried away too much.....the intro created a nice feel....but the basslines and the 4/4 took the feel away....it became too cluttered!
That's what Herkkusieni is all about! Cluttered rubbish with passion! We call that music progressive new wave spacerock. Of course that wasn't rock at all, but that's what the progressive means. We can make any kind of rubbish we want to. Maybe next progressive song with armpit farts.

Quote:
so when is the DnB track gunna be posted?!?
One bloke should mix and master it, but he's lazy. Maybe I'll mix it if he doesn't get it mixed.
Old 26.09.2003, 09:27 AM
Amateur
Amateur

All it needs is a 303 in the background squelching away.

Have you ever tried making drum&bass with jazz it it?

I think it works well.

Old 26.09.2003, 09:33 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyS
Have you ever tried making drum&bass with jazz it it?

I think it works well.
I'm not a DnB fellow. I've heard some DnB influenced jazz and it was pretty good, but can't beat a real drummer monkey.
Old 26.09.2003, 09:49 AM
Amateur
Amateur

Perhaps you and hollow could make a jazz drum&bass track together sometime.

Can you play the trumpet Juho?

Old 26.09.2003, 09:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyS
Can you play the trumpet Juho?
You mean high and loud playing without recognizeable melody?

I could play jazzy recorder (also high and loud playing without recognizeable melody).
Old 26.09.2003, 10:02 AM
Amateur
Amateur

Yeah jazz recorder would sound good on top of some breaks.

And perhaps a little piano mixed in aswell.