Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 29.10.2005, 01:13 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Well I did a install with the new 1.05 on my powerbook and things seemed a little bit better but didn't seem like a big change so I was dissappointed at first.

But then I did a quick search for the word 'virus' in finder and deleted everything that came up that seem related to the virus and did a reinstall of just the midi/audio drivers.

Now I see a huge difference in performance and things seem much better. I have a stress test live set that would just bring the previous installs to their knees with no hope of staying in sync (lots of arpeggios and midi control messages) and that is staying in perfect timing now

Not sure why but for whatever reason there must have been some left over code from the very first TI os install that I did (1.01?). But looks like I will actually be "integreated" this weekend thanks access!
Old 29.10.2005, 04:32 AM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Just installed...getting better guys...have 3 arps running then export...little drop out but its moving along well...Ill be releasing some new hard trance and a remix soon!
Old 29.10.2005, 06:42 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

that's great news. Glad to hear you guys are starting to have some success.
Old 29.10.2005, 09:35 AM
Veteran
Veteran

I still get hung notes at 65% cpu and 4 or 5 chanels of Virus Control using analog outs.

Ps, I get no LFO sync using normal midi cable in SEQ MODE - same patch syncs well with USB midi / Virus Control
Old 30.10.2005, 03:29 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Even with the 1.05 update I am still struggling a little bit to get it to work with my Live/Powerbook setup. I have a stress test live set with several arpeggios and lots of midi control data in the background (like pitch bend and modulation) and that just creates a "midi log jam" in which it sounds like the TI can't keep up with the data being sent to it. It really slows down playing the notes and then all of a sudden it will play a bunch of notes super fast to get back in sync.

Strange thing is that I could have sworn I had things working great Friday night, no 'log jams' to speak of. But then on this weekend things are getting worse again. One interesting thing is that I play the same Live set on my work laptop running windows xp and it plays it back fine. Makes me wonder if there is some 'magic' preference setting that I need to use on the powerbook or in Live so that things are better.

But at least I think I saw a glimpse of "total integreation" working on Friday night, not sure if it was real or a dream, either way it was a beautiful thing
Old 30.10.2005, 03:58 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by u4ia
Even with the 1.05 update I am still struggling a little bit to get it to work with my Live/Powerbook setup. I have a stress test live set with several arpeggios and lots of midi control data in the background (like pitch bend and modulation) and that just creates a "midi log jam" in which it sounds like the TI can't keep up with the data being sent to it. It really slows down playing the notes and then all of a sudden it will play a bunch of notes super fast to get back in sync.

Strange thing is that I could have sworn I had things working great Friday night, no 'log jams' to speak of. But then on this weekend things are getting worse again. One interesting thing is that I play the same Live set on my work laptop running windows xp and it plays it back fine. Makes me wonder if there is some 'magic' preference setting that I need to use on the powerbook or in Live so that things are better.

But at least I think I saw a glimpse of "total integreation" working on Friday night, not sure if it was real or a dream, either way it was a beautiful thing
can you send me the live arrangement to ms@virus.info? i'd like to check this myself

marc