Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 24.09.2005, 12:58 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomer=Trance
I think custum duties couse the virus price to rise by 20-30% in australia.
I think its more like 10-15%, thats what I paid extra for an Edirol R1 I had shipped from USA [audiomidi.com]
I also have a pre-order for the TI desktop with them.

My virus b I bought while on a trip to Germany and just racked it up in my luggage like I'd always had it.
Old 24.09.2005, 01:45 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

Doc Jones: I ordered last year and they said they will honor the price I was supposed to pay back then instead of the price on their web site.

So far I have an excellent experience with them, hope to get the synth soon and in good shape and I'll make sure to shop again with them
They are even sending a free gift(I had to choose from a dual filter bank, a stereo comp, a basic emu card or the vstation!)
Old 24.09.2005, 03:43 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

I am also buying my TI Polar from NovaMusik and I have had nothing but good experiences with them.

They are honoring the price they had posted on their website way back in November ( I think it jumped about $300 more in December) and like madstation said they are offering a choice of free items for apologies for the long wait which is cool.

Not sure if they do stuff for overseas but definitely the best shop I have found if you live in the US.
Old 24.09.2005, 03:47 PM
This forum member lives here

Fantastic!! I had placed my preorder back in Nov 04 as well when the price of the desktop was 1595 rather than the 1895 that is now listed. I will give them a call today about the complimentary gift. This deal just keeps getting better and better.
Old 25.09.2005, 01:47 PM

the prices you listed are RRP for AUS... you can get them a hell of a lot cheaper than that. im getting a keyboard for the price you listed for the desktop in melbourne (which still doesnt compare to the US RRP )

cheers

blay
Old 25.09.2005, 02:20 PM

i just noticed turra music in syd is advertising $4899 RRP for the polar and $5299 RRP for the keyboard version 8O what the ?
Old 25.09.2005, 10:03 PM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Hey
Im an aussie- I ordered my TI from Novamusik last year. It works out to be about $2300 AUD. I paid immediately because our dollar was up. Novamusik will mark products as a gift/ commercial sample upon request (which I have) so no import duty is required - Which is usually $65 AUD import tax plus GST on the item's value) Its still way cheaper than Sydney. As much as I like supporting local suppliers Ive generally only had bad experiences..They rip us off so badly here.

As for your warranty, Ive sent many a synth to the licensed Access warranty repair place. Its up in Dee Why. They are really dodgy. I forget their name right now, but everything Ive sent there to be repaired has come back in the same state. They pretty much do most of the repairs for warranties on synths in the sydney area.

Royalston
Old 25.09.2005, 11:09 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by blay
i just noticed turra music in syd is advertising $4899 RRP for the polar and $5299 RRP for the keyboard version 8O what the ?
If Oz is anything like NZ it will be much much cheaper to order from the states and get one shipped over.

When my brother in law bought the Virus C, DIGI002 and a couple of other things he ended up saving around NZ$8000 all up including shipping and paying GST on the costs. If he had bought the same gear from NZ retailers he would have paid $12000 all up.

It seems that the official distributors, at least in NZ, are money grabbing bastards, as he knows the guys who sell DIGIs in Christchurch and they said that that is cheaper than they are getting the gear for.
Old 26.09.2005, 12:11 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalston
Hey
Im an aussie- I ordered my TI from Novamusik last year. It works out to be about $2300 AUD. I paid immediately because our dollar was up. Novamusik will mark products as a gift/ commercial sample upon request (which I have) so no import duty is required - Which is usually $65 AUD import tax plus GST on the item's value) Its still way cheaper than Sydney. As much as I like supporting local suppliers Ive generally only had bad experiences..They rip us off so badly here.
Royalston
thats a good price matey....i got mine slightly cheaper from www.synthplanet.com but i probably will have to pay the 10% gst customs dutie so that will put the price up to about $2500 delivered (postage + gst + purchase)....still pretty happy with that price compared to the dodgy aus stores though

have a nice day
-Dan
Old 26.09.2005, 04:44 AM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by blay
If Oz is anything like NZ it will be much much cheaper to order from the states and get one shipped over.

When my brother in law bought the Virus C, DIGI002 and a couple of other things he ended up saving around NZ$8000 all up including shipping and paying GST on the costs. If he had bought the same gear from NZ retailers he would have paid $12000 all up.

It seems that the official distributors, at least in NZ, are money grabbing bastards, as he knows the guys who sell DIGIs in Christchurch and they said that that is cheaper than they are getting the gear for.
Yeah, the prick that imports them into NZ is a right rip-off bastard, tried charging me like $4295 for a virus B when they were discontinued!!! Ended up getting one sent over from the UK for less than $2000