Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 25.01.2005, 06:53 PM

Mouaehhh...it's driving me crazy. First waiting for the TI to ship and now unable to watch the video without it stopping every frigging minute....arghhh.
Old 25.01.2005, 07:02 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by u4ia
I currently have a laptop so I definitely reach my cpu limits much quicker than a dual G5 or top of the line pc will. Passing the sound generation duites over to TI will hopefully free up the laptop cpu to do other things.
There's a small dilemma in this argument. You use hardware because you run out of processing power? Then why not to invest that 2200 euros for a new computer with software instead of Virus TI?
Old 25.01.2005, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juho L
Then why not to invest that 2200 euros for a new computer with software instead of Virus TI?
I am in the same situation, and for me it is the notion that the computer wont hold its value like the synthesizer will. The virus's hold their value ten fold over what a 2 or 3 year old pc would go for. I am on mac and tend to upgrade maybe every 3 years for a computer. JMO.
Old 25.01.2005, 07:14 PM
Amateur
Amateur

Send a message via AIM to Nigel Harkness Send a message via MSN to Nigel Harkness Send a message via Yahoo to Nigel Harkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by u4ia
I currently have a laptop so I definitely reach my cpu limits much quicker than a dual G5 or top of the line pc will. Passing the sound generation duites over to TI will hopefully free up the laptop cpu to do other things.
How many different vst's do you really need to use at once? I use vst's and then bounce down the audio and inactivate the plug-in so that it doesn't put a strain on the your processor power. I also save the raw audio just in case I want to go back and change the vst effect on it.
Old 25.01.2005, 07:31 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomer=Trance
and tastes like caned chicken.
software synths are just not there yet.
Moog Modular V2 and Z3ta+ for example are plugins that sound even better than most of HW VA's. Not to forget Tera2 that shines in synthesis variety and complexity. If I could make a mix that would have various VA's mixed with software you couldn't tell which is which, actually you couldn't tell even if they would play one by one (althoug it's very easy to notice trademark characteristics of different synths/VSTi's if you have used them a lot).

You have lot to learn, Tomer my friend. Even if the big boys say software is crap, don't listen to them. They are just jealous because they spend thousands of euros in gear that is beaten by modern software that's comfortable in studio and cheap as hell. Hoho.

But seriously, the new plugins easily beat most of the VA's around and it's not bad from a software that costs 300? each. The only reason to pick hardware is the concrete user interface and of course because hardware is physical you have a feeling that you actually own something.
dont get me wrong juho
i use software,alot!
i love minimoog v,arp2600,gmedia imposcar and oddity
but i still think some cant still reach that rich,warm,fat analog sound.
but they come close.

i found z3ta very plastic and not to my liking but everyone and his own taste...
i do agree that when mixing a track\song you wont realy notice what is playing if its not a solo part that realy shows the charecter of the sound.
Old 25.01.2005, 07:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
i do agree that when mixing a track\song you wont realy notice what is playing if its not a solo part that realy shows the charecter of the sound.
I'm building a guess-hardware-or-software clip... We'll see soon. Muahahaha!
Old 25.01.2005, 07:37 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

Quote:

There's a small dilemma in this argument. You use hardware because you run out of processing power? Then why not to invest that 2200 euros for a new computer with software instead of Virus TI?
you will always run out of prossesing power.
you havent noticed that no matter how prossesors become faster software keeps taping on his back telling him "i need more!!"

its a never ending cycle...
software still take lots of resources no matter if you have a g5 or a p3.
Old 25.01.2005, 07:39 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

http://www.sonicftp.com/vids/mov/wna...s_virus_ti.mov
Old 25.01.2005, 07:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
you will always run out of prossesing power.
you havent noticed that no matter how prossesors become faster software keeps taping on his back telling him "i need more!!"

its a never ending cycle...
software still take lots of resources no matter if you have a g5 or a p3.
Same thing with hardware. Better processors -> new synth models. And if you now get a top notch Mac or PC you can run loads of heavy VSTi's. Of course there will be new even more heavy and impressive VSTi's sooner or later, but with current quality level of VSTi's there shouldn't be reason to update in ages.
Old 25.01.2005, 09:05 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Well....ummmm....because......ummmm...you got me there Ok I admit it, I have been seduced by the Virus's sexy knobs and shiny pulsating lights.