Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 25.01.2005, 03:40 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomer=Trance
video stuck after 3 minutes :\
The server is just slow due heavy traffic.

I watched the video and the highlights were:

1. Wavetable
2. Ben's pleasant accent

The hyped hypersaw sounded like a heavy unison B/C, which was actually expected. This leads to a point that the hypersaw creates patches that are incredibly fat and sound really sweet on their own, but infact those are too fat to fit in a mix. Well, maybe stereotypical anthem trance producers love that drown-everything-under-one-detuned-sound effect, but on other use... Nah. Too wide and too thick, I think. Although the syncing on that hypersaw system sounded really nice.

The wavetable was nice. Especially those filter wavetables. The nicest addition on Virus series along with the VST host integration.

All I can say is that it's a nice synth, but won't get any GAS points from me anymore. While watching that video I realised that it's just another Virus synth... Come my brothers and join the software revolution - The revolution for comfort, practicality and economy.
Old 25.01.2005, 05:03 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

and tastes like caned chicken.
software synths are just not there yet.
Old 25.01.2005, 05:27 PM

Damn there is heavy traffic on sonicstate today. I have been downloading for 5 minutes and only have the first 10 seconds. That is on a cable line too.
Old 25.01.2005, 05:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Moog Modular V2 and Z3ta+ for example are plugins that sound even better than most of HW VA's. Not to forget Tera2 that shines in synthesis variety and complexity. If I could make a mix that would have various VA's mixed with software you couldn't tell which is which, actually you couldn't tell even if they would play one by one (althoug it's very easy to notice trademark characteristics of different synths/VSTi's if you have used them a lot).

You have lot to learn, Tomer my friend. Even if the big boys say software is crap, don't listen to them. They are just jealous because they spend thousands of euros in gear that is beaten by modern software that's comfortable in studio and cheap as hell. Hoho.

But seriously, the new plugins easily beat most of the VA's around and it's not bad from a software that costs 300? each. The only reason to pick hardware is the concrete user interface and of course because hardware is physical you have a feeling that you actually own something.
Old 25.01.2005, 05:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlot
Damn there is heavy traffic on sonicstate today. I have been downloading for 5 minutes and only have the first 10 seconds. That is on a cable line too.
Yup. It's totally stuck. I'd bet that the TI video is causing it.
Old 25.01.2005, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juho L
The only reason to pick hardware is the concrete user interface and of course because hardware is physical you have a feeling that you actually own something.
I think also, it is more satisfying at least to me, that I am turning real knobs. After going all software for the past year, I need a piece of hardware kit to satify this craving. I have an oxy8, but it just doesnt do it, b/c everytime i fire up logic, i have to reassign knobs and such. It is a small excuse to buy hardware, but it works for me.
You are right though. Software is getting closer and closer to hardware. Not a fan of z3, when i tried it at a friends house, it sounded metallic almost. Might have been his speaker though. Tera sounds boss.
Old 25.01.2005, 06:08 PM

I am only half way done with the video, but my GOD!This thing sounds nice and fat, and plenty of headroom to do whatever you want. I especially love Ben's face when he is messing with the FM knob. Alright, this will defenitely hold me over until it is released. Well done Access, and it is about damn time we heard it!!!
Old 25.01.2005, 06:37 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Maybe another thing that is in favor of hardware is that it offloads some of the sound generation away from the computer.

I currently have a laptop so I definitely reach my cpu limits much quicker than a dual G5 or top of the line pc will. Passing the sound generation duites over to TI will hopefully free up the laptop cpu to do other things.

Of course this is all in theory, since I won't have a way to test it out till sometime in March I can't imagine the virus au/vst plugin would take that much cpu since it is acting as a gateway between the computer and the virus (but I could be wrong on that)
Old 25.01.2005, 06:38 PM
Amateur
Amateur

Send a message via AIM to Nigel Harkness Send a message via MSN to Nigel Harkness Send a message via Yahoo to Nigel Harkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juho L
Quote:
Moog Modular V2 and Z3ta+ for example are plugins that sound even better than most of HW VA's.
The Moog Mod and Z3ta+ is FAT sounding definetly.

Don't forget about Atrurias Mini-moog and I also just got Arturias ARP2600 and it sounds pretty damn nice also, just haven't got to toy with it too much yet.
Old 25.01.2005, 06:44 PM
Amateur
Amateur

Send a message via AIM to Nigel Harkness Send a message via MSN to Nigel Harkness Send a message via Yahoo to Nigel Harkness

Does anyone know of a way to record the video of this clip because I can't find as way to download it.