Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 12.02.2009, 05:32 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Default A sync error ocured. press stop and play to clear

Hi,

Just installed a clean Cubase4 with all the latest updates (4.52).
When i load the Virus TI Snow as VST instrument and start playing my song (with or without any sound loaded in the TI) the Virus control software keeps saying "A sync error ocured. press stop and play to clear".
When i press stop and play the (empty or with midi data) song again, it keeps on saying A sync error ocured. press stop and play to clear...
I wont stop.

Heres my setup:
Intel DualCore2 2GB RAM
RME FireFace 400 connected to a TI fw chipset
Virus TI Snow connected to USB
Steinberg Cubase 4.52
Virus TI Installer 2.7.5 for Windows

Anyone here got the same problem?
Thank you.

Last edited by erolz : 12.02.2009 at 05:42 PM.
Old 12.02.2009, 09:23 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

I've been getting the same issues since having upgraded to 3.0

Basically, I'll load up the VCC on an instrument track and I'll get this error in red, at the bottom of the VCC gui. "A sync error ocured. press stop and play to clear"

I've only noticed it happening when I'm clicking or browsing through patches in the VCC. *edit* (during playback)

My current setup is:
Macbook Pro 2.16 c2d, OSX 10.5.5, 4gigs RAM, 320g 7200rpm Seagate internal, PTLE 8.0, MBox Pro 2 FW
Old 13.02.2009, 07:30 AM
Am starting to like this forum

ive just installed a fresh Cubase 4.1 with the Virus TI Installer 2.7.5 (in stead of Cubase 4.52) and now the Virus works fine.. looks like 4.52 is the problem here?
Old 13.02.2009, 03:27 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by erolz View Post
ive just installed a fresh Cubase 4.1 with the Virus TI Installer 2.7.5 (in stead of Cubase 4.52) and now the Virus works fine.. looks like 4.52 is the problem here?
In my case it's not. hehehe
But honestly, until Digidesign releases an update to address the GUI mouse offset with the VCC and a few other plugin's, I'm fine working directly of the TI itself... takes my face away from the computer screen.
Old 24.04.2009, 03:08 AM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

I had this and i installed new drivers new virus software blah blah, then i remembered i had set my asio to 50 for a kind of old plugn.that was crackling.

when i set ASIO back to 10 then it stopped happening.
Old 24.04.2009, 05:08 AM
Newborn
Newborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeFex View Post
I had this and i installed new drivers new virus software blah blah, then i remembered i had set my asio to 50 for a kind of old plugn.that was crackling.

when i set ASIO back to 10 then it stopped happening.

Yeah, same here also. I kept getting this message within Cubase SX3 and my Virus Snow was virtually unusable. It was solved by reducing the ASIO buffer size (latency) on my Steinberg MR816X interface. Do you have your ASIO buffer set very high?
Old 24.04.2009, 08:34 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

I also have this problem, but this error message aslo make my Virus ti Desktop to crash!

I heard from access that they think it has something to do with soundbanks in the user library in VC.
So I removed all software (including the user library) and did a fresh install of drivers etc. So the banks in the user library are only the ones with come with the update.
Still the same thing...a crashing Virus Ti.

Yesterdaynight a played with several settings in Cubase SX3 and my soundcard (focusrite safffire), like "lower latency on/off", "release Aiso driver in background on/of" "change latency from my soundcard manualy" (the best I can get is 5ms on playback) all with no results

B.t.w. I don't use the virus as soundcard

I have this since OS3.0.X

Hopefully access or somebody else have a solutions for this

WinXPsp3, SX3, Ti Desktop, Focusrite Saffire

Last edited by HUEY : 26.04.2009 at 12:48 PM.
Old 26.04.2009, 01:45 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Update on my last mail:

I went back to 2.7.5. for testing. I do get the sync error in this version once in a while, but the Virus itself is never crashing.
Back to 3.0.1.12 then and the Virus is crashing again while selecting sounds during play and stop the sequencer after the error massage.

I'm pretty sure that it has nothing to do with my PC or soundcard settings because I did not change them.

Another strange thing: When I select the virus as my soundcard (Virus USB audio driver) I do not get the error massage again, but the Virus still crashes after stopping the sequencer but less frequent then when I select my focusrite soundcard driver

It looks like, I'm alone with this problem after the last update .12
Before there were more.

I don't hope so
br

WinXPsp3, SX3 Ti Desktop, Focusrite saffire
Old 26.04.2009, 02:45 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUEY View Post
I also have this problem, but this error message aslo make my Virus ti Desktop to crash!

I heard from access that they think it has something to do with soundbanks in the user library in VC.
So I removed all software (including the user library) and did a fresh install of drivers etc. So the banks in the user library are only the ones with come with the update.
Still the same thing...a crashing Virus Ti.

Yesterdaynight a played with several settings in Cubase SX3 and my soundcard (focusrite safffire), like "lower latency on/off", "release Aiso driver in background on/of" "change latency from my soundcard manualy" (the best I can get is 5ms on playback) all with no results

B.t.w. I don't use the virus as soundcard

I have this since OS3.0.X

Hopefully access or somebody else have a solutions for this

WinXPsp3, SX3, Ti Desktop, Focusrite Saffire
sorry huey, but you mix things up here. the error messages doesn't make the virus crash. it is a side effect of the crash that virus control displays this error message.
as for the patch banks, i wanted to see if a possibly corrupted bank would make the virus crash. that's why i was asking you for the sound banks. but as you can see yourself, it wasn't the sound banks.
i can't make my virus crash, as much as i try switching in between sounds. it would be of great help if somebody (who has this problem) could explain how i can replicate the problem.

for those who get sync errors (and nothing is crashing meanwhile): you need to trouble shoot your system. the sync error displays once the data on the USB buss doesn't arrive in time. it means that something delays the USB packages or packages get lost. access support can help you sorting this problem.

best, marc
Old 26.04.2009, 03:13 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Thanks Marc for the reply.
I did send you my user library to ms@access-music.de on 22-04-09, but as you can read I do not have a particual bank that make the virus crash. All the soundbanks do, even the ROM-banks.

The virus crashes at the moment I stop the sequencer. There is a loud ieeeeep sound coming out of the virus and sometimes some noizes after that. All the lights on virus will go out or stop blinking. Sometimes It will come to live after 10 sec, but most of the times it's dead and I have to reboot.

I ""hope"" some more people will report here with this problem so access can ty to replicate it.

I will try to install the virus on a different USB port, though it is installed now on a dedicated USB card with nothing else connected to it

br

Last edited by HUEY : 26.04.2009 at 03:38 PM.