Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 22.10.2009, 11:59 PM
New here
New here

Default IOUSBWirelessControllerDevice...

I hope this doesn't double post for some reason. I thought I had posted this already but it didn't show up.

Hello Everyone,

I have a Virus TI kb, Logic Pro 8, and a MacBookPro with OS 10.4.11. I had been happily been learning everything until a few days ago when I received this message when I logged in:

USB conflict warning
A device called "IOUSBWirelessControllerDevice" sharing the same
USB root hub with the Virus TI has been detected. This is a
potential problem and might cause sync errors and audible artefacts
when using Total Integration. Try to solve the problem by using
another USB port instead.
Root hubs are usually inside your computer and therefore cannot be
recognised easily as hubs. Trying out other USB ports for the Virus
TI might solve the problem. By changing the USB layout and hitting
the Rescan button you can evaluate if the problem persists.

I contacted Access support and they suggested this:

I would repair the disk permissions on your Mac with the help of the "disk utilities" program which you can find under

APPLICATIONS -> UTILITIES

and then also remove the entire TI software and install it from scratch again.
In this case I recommend to remove the entire TI OS suite from this Mac with the help of the Access uninstaller which you will find here:

APPLICATIONS -> ACCESS MUSIC

Whenever this has happened, please shut down the Mac, wait a few seconds and then restart the computer again. Next repair the disk permissions with the help of the "disk utility" program which you will find under

APPLICATIONS -> UTILITIES

and then install the very latest OS once again on the Mac and the TI and see if this helps. To install the TI OS again on the TI hardware, please unplug the power from your Virus TI and remove any other cable going from/to the TI. Wait approximately 30-60 seconds. While plugging back in the power only, hold down the EXIT button. This will force the unit into USB BIOS UPDATE MODE. Next try again to load in the very latest OS and check if this helps.

None this worked after a few goes at it so I took my Macbook in to see a "geni" at Apple. The scoffed at the repair permissions and said I should reset the p-ram and try again. If this doesn't work they suggested that I create a new user account on the MacBook and try that way. Again none of this has worked and frankly I don't know what to do. Plus its flu season.

Any help would be very mjuch appreciated. Bonus points for replies from the Seattle area so if I ever have a serious problem I could contact directly. I would also ask to keep replies in layman's terms as I am about as far from a computer programmer as we are from the sun.

Thanks in advance. And thanks for being there.

D
Old 23.10.2009, 12:46 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

I got this same error at the start of August with my TI Snow. I emailed Access back and forth for a while but the final email was this:

"Dear Maurice,
After speaking with our engineers you simply can click on the "don't show again" tab once the message comes up again. You don't need to worry about this if you're not running into any troubles anymore as of now."

I noticed this when I upgraded the TI software on my Tiger MBP to v3.X (I had been on 2.7.5).

As was suggested by Access, I clicked the "Don't show again" option, and was not troubled by it. I've since put Snow Leopard on the MBP and haven't tried it with the Snow since (I have another machine that the Snow is hooked up to).

My theory (never confirmed by Access) was that the TI v3.X software had extra code added to detect if there were other devices on the root hub, and to display a warning - considering the message knew details about the TI software I figured it had to be generated by it and not by OS X itself.

When there's a non-Beta Snow Leopard compatible version of the TI software available I'll install again on my MBP and see what happens.

Glad to know it wasn't just me that got it though

Hope that helps (if only a little)

Maurice
Old 23.10.2009, 04:11 PM
Veteran
Veteran

the advise given by access support is a terrible one. the "IOUSBWirelessControllerDevice" is either the WiFi card or the bluetooth controller (i don't have that info at hand right now) which are connected to the same _root_ hub in the mac book pro. in theory, this would be a problem but with all the mac book pros i've seen so far, connecting a Virus TI to the same port doesn't course harm.
the reason why Virus Control and Virus Control center throw the warning is that both do not differentiate if a device eats up to much bandwidth or not. i only informs you that there is a potential problem because something is sharing on the same USB bus.
the code issuing the warning wasn't present in versions prior to 3.0 versions. the problem (if it is a real world problem at all) existed right from the beginning of time and cannot be overcome by software.

hth,

marc
access music

Follow the Virus on Twitter: http://twitter.com/accessmusic
Watch the Virus on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/accessmusic
Become Infected friends on Facebook: http://facebook.com/pages/Virus/77569453701
Old 25.10.2009, 09:44 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
the advise given by access support is a terrible one. the "IOUSBWirelessControllerDevice" is either the WiFi card or the bluetooth controller
I think it was the Bluetooth controller as I recall turning off the Bluetooth support in OS X in order to see if I could get rid of the message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
the code issuing the warning wasn't present in versions prior to 3.0 versions. the problem (if it is a real world problem at all) existed right from the beginning of time and cannot be overcome by software
Y'see this is what annoyed me at the time. I put forward the suggestion that this was new code added to the Virus TI software suite in v3.0 as I'd not encountered it with v2.7.5. I was initially told it was being generated by Logic which I disputed as the message mentioned aspects of the TI software that Logic should not have been aware of. It was only when I reminded support that it happened with Virus Control Center and Ableton Live that they conceded it was in the TI software.

Cheers,

Maurice
Old 04.11.2009, 01:26 AM
New here
New here

Default Fixed...

It looks like it all seems to be in working order now just by ignoring the message. My next challenge will be when I buy my new iMac and will need to update to the new beta software for Snow Leopard. One day at a time I guess.