Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 28.04.2009, 05:36 AM
Am starting to like this forum

Virus TI2 3.09 and Cubase 4.52, Fireface 400, Win XP Prof.

try it with the 3.09 on the ti, this one is working good on my system, still some issues, but never crashes, sync is ok (syncerror only sometimes)
Old 28.04.2009, 08:02 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUEY View Post
Thanks Marc for the reply.

I will try to install the virus on a different USB port, though it is installed now on a dedicated USB card with nothing else connected to it

br
I did another install on a different USB port on my dedicated USB card and I did a install on a USB port on my motherboard (ASUS P4PE) both do the Virus crash when selecting sounds during play and stop the sequencer

When I have some more time I will do a install on my girlfriends PC and look what's happening then.

br

Last edited by HUEY : 05.05.2009 at 08:18 PM.
Old 05.05.2009, 07:23 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

When I set the "bar offset" under "project setup" in Cubase SX3 to 1 instead of 0 I do NOT get the "A sync error ocured. press stop and play to clear" error anymore!!

My Virus still crashes when selecting sounds during play and stop the sequencer, but 1 problem solved

1 to go

br
Old 24.05.2009, 02:50 AM
New here
New here

i have the same problem since going to v3
not the crashes but , the sync error and crackles
Old 29.05.2009, 11:00 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

I have same exact issues (crashes, random sound destruction, out of sync) both when switching banks during playback, arming/unarming the channel for recording, and also VirusTI crash during rendering (with a sound destruction of about 2-3 seconds before this).

The host i use is Reaper (3.0) and OS 3.0.2.02beta on a Polar.
I dont use the TI as audio interface but it goes out from a Delta1010 at 5ms.
The Delta is on a dedicated IRQ (if someone wondered) and works like charm even at 2ms, the VirusTI have a dedicated USB port with dedicated IRQ too. During all those issues the CPU was always under 10% use and the crashes appens with standard banks too (my tests was made with 2 banks running, a kick and a bass)

After some troubleshooting and random tweaking i found out some solutions (but they doesnt solve all 100%)
a) disable "anticipative FX processing" will lower the crash chances (in both "buffering" and "audio" settings of reaper)
b) in the "playback" settings, disable all the "seek" options that makes "seek" during playback (this reduces a bit the out of Sync issues)
c) in "audio" settings, disable the "not process muted tracks", this lowers the out of sync when arming/unarming/arming the MIDI track of the VirusTI

doing those steps i lowered my chance of 90% crash and out of sync to a mere 20%... but still it crashes and it goes out of sync kinda often (during rendering it can happen anytime, usually after 20-30 seconds (but can be more))

...of course i do realtime rendering (called "online rendering" here)

any advice?
Old 29.05.2009, 07:04 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakeblood View Post
I have same exact issues (crashes, random sound destruction, out of sync) both when switching banks during playback, arming/unarming the channel for recording, and also VirusTI crash during rendering (with a sound destruction of about 2-3 seconds before this).

The host i use is Reaper (3.0) and OS 3.0.2.02beta on a Polar.
I dont use the TI as audio interface but it goes out from a Delta1010 at 5ms.
The Delta is on a dedicated IRQ (if someone wondered) and works like charm even at 2ms, the VirusTI have a dedicated USB port with dedicated IRQ too. During all those issues the CPU was always under 10% use and the crashes appens with standard banks too (my tests was made with 2 banks running, a kick and a bass)

After some troubleshooting and random tweaking i found out some solutions (but they doesnt solve all 100%)
a) disable "anticipative FX processing" will lower the crash chances (in both "buffering" and "audio" settings of reaper)
b) in the "playback" settings, disable all the "seek" options that makes "seek" during playback (this reduces a bit the out of Sync issues)
c) in "audio" settings, disable the "not process muted tracks", this lowers the out of sync when arming/unarming/arming the MIDI track of the VirusTI

doing those steps i lowered my chance of 90% crash and out of sync to a mere 20%... but still it crashes and it goes out of sync kinda often (during rendering it can happen anytime, usually after 20-30 seconds (but can be more))

...of course i do realtime rendering (called "online rendering" here)

any advice?
It's a problem with the Virus OS not your DAW, a number of people (me included) are also having problems with random crashing and all that crap. I was told Access is aware of the problem and are working on a fix when I emailed support earlier this week, so you pretty much just have to live with the crashing for now until an update is out.
Old 30.05.2009, 02:04 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Marc in few posts stated that he wasnt able to make the Virus crash or to make him go nuts, so here my Reaper project that kinda often leads to a nice crash (in 2 days i juggled with it i got at least 30 crashes).

This save was made exactly after 4 crashes in a row (but it started crashying only after 2 hours i was playing with it... and all what i was doing was playing with modwheel, automation and RealControlMIDI)

download link of the project (Reaper 3.0):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3DUWQR0G

VSTs used in this project:
VirusTI (i tested with all the 3.x versions, even with the new 3.0.3 who gave me 4 crashes just now after 2 hours juggling on this project)
ReaComp
ReaControlMIDI
Waves Q3-Parametric
Waves C1 Comp
Waves API 2500
Waves LinEq Lowband
BlueCat Dyamics
Oxford Inflator
Oxford Limiter

but you can even disable them all (except VirusTI and ReaControlMIDI, they are the ones leading to a crash of the VirusTI).

basically stuffs i usually was doing leading to a crash:
- when playing, edit the ReaControlMIDI. Or play just after an edit.
- playing with automations meanwhile playing
- playing a bit with stuffs on the Virus and/or VirusControl (both while playing and while on pause)
- while playing, change selections or make it continue playing from another point (seek) (this, more than a crash, leads to an out of sync)

the problem is that, right now, i'm playing again with those stuffs trying to make him lead to a crash but without success... then maybe after 1-2 hours the crash appears again (and usually then it starts crash 2-4 times in a row)
Old 17.06.2009, 10:58 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Send a message via ICQ to tranqui

I have this issue with ableton 8 and the VC plugin.

I work with multiple channels, but rarely use more than 2 simultaneously because the TI can't handle too much. the error occurs whenever I trigger a program change on any channel (either the one holding the VST or one of the the ExtInst channels), regardless of whether this happens by pushing a button on the unit or launching a MIDI clip with a program change.

the funny thing is that the virus actually doesn't crash, produce audible artifacts or go out of sync; it just shows the message. I've left it running once for 2 hours to see, and it also worked flawlessly in live situations. still, I'd prefer not to see this error message at all...

// edit: FYI, I don't use the virus as an audio interface - I use a fireface400