Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Sound designing

Sound designing Discussion about sound designing with the Virus series synths. Share patches and your knowledge or ask questions.

Old 01.04.2006, 01:45 PM
Pro
Pro

Default A6 trance demo

I just edited a new demo of the sounds which I have programmed with an Alesis A6 synth. If you want to listen to it, here's a -> link <-

This demo includes some of the sounds from the original demo (which you may have heard earlier) but I have also added many new sounds and removed some boring sections of the original.
Old 01.04.2006, 02:15 PM
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

Very nice

It that using the A6 internal fx as well?
Old 01.04.2006, 02:18 PM
Pro
Pro

Some sounds have A6's internal FX (usually distortion) but delay, reverb, maybe phaser and eq's are external.
Old 01.04.2006, 02:37 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Awesome sounds dude. You have really come a long way with the A6 since your first demos Nice work!

/me puts A6 on shopping list

ten
Old 07.04.2006, 05:50 PM

Sounds freat man! I am mostly producing downtempo and dub. Would you consider the A6 a go-to synth? I am in the market for a VA or analogue to be my go-to for sounds.
Old 09.04.2006, 12:44 AM
Pro
Pro

Thanks for the feedback guys! Nice to hear that you liked the sounds. I recommend the A6 for any kind of music. Just don't expect anything from the presets. The synth engine is very powerful and the filters sound great so you can do about any kind of sounds with it.
Old 08.06.2006, 06:25 AM
Am starting to like this forum

Why oh why did you post this?

YOU ARE NOT HELPING MY PURCHASING DECISIONS SIR!

(Wants an A6 now instead of a TI... Did I say that out loud?)
Synths can be like women. After the initial few months of intense love-making, things become routine, banal. Once the deepest recesses have been probed, new specimens begin to attract the eye, bursting with promise of unique treasures to uncover. --Doof
__
Alesis Andromeda A6, Roland SH-101, Roland Juno-60, Yamaha FS1R, Yamaha SY85, Alesis Micron, Kurzweil K2000VP, Roland GR700+G707
Old 08.06.2006, 06:46 AM

Really though this thing just sounds great, it doesn't sound tinny or anything at all, just really REALLY nice.

I'm actually reading the whole fucking manual right now to this thing (I'm really masochistic some times I guess) but I'm wondering what kind of stuff on this synth is controllable via MIDI. Mainly just concerned about being able to arm parameters in Sonar and tweak most of the sound parameters that way during recording using freehand drawn envelopes or overdubbed takes. I'm not seeing any specific lists of things like NRPN lists for filter cutoffs etc., etc.

EDIT: Looks like it will send (according to mailing lists) CCs for pretty much everything so I am sure I can record and play that data back just fine.

I'd assume with with the Virus TI and its VST you could arm nearly anything in the sequencer host like in a standard VST and have complete control over having everything recorded and sequenced.
Synths can be like women. After the initial few months of intense love-making, things become routine, banal. Once the deepest recesses have been probed, new specimens begin to attract the eye, bursting with promise of unique treasures to uncover. --Doof
__
Alesis Andromeda A6, Roland SH-101, Roland Juno-60, Yamaha FS1R, Yamaha SY85, Alesis Micron, Kurzweil K2000VP, Roland GR700+G707
Old 08.06.2006, 07:11 AM

Found this and it looked very interesting (also the "Andromizer" looked pretty slick too!)

http://home.planet.nl/~robnet/a6/A6TipsAndTricks.html

I am very VERY close to being swayed into getting this thing instead of the TI now. :P
__
Old 08.06.2006, 10:07 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

nice audio demo!

Keith...THANKS for that link! Great programming tips