Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > The forum members' music

The forum members' music Here you can post links to your music and listen to and comment other forum members' music.

Old 26.06.2004, 09:19 AM
This forum member lives here

Default Collaborations....

Thought I might post another link to a song that I "co-wrote", with a couple of mates of mine...... This one has recieved quite a bit of support here in Australia with a few major nationwide youth orientated radio stations. Hope you guys like it.

Cheers,

Jase

http://stickychicken.tripod.com/studiopics/id2.html

(click on link at the bottom of the page)

P.S when I say "Co-Wrote", I use the term with caution, as the part I played in the writing of this track was miniscule compared to the hard work that was put in by the other co-writers.......In short, the basic melody, or loop, was my doing (ie the cello and original drum loop).

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 28.06.2004, 07:22 AM

A little on the conformative side for me, but still a nice track!

Production is really nice and the general compostion is well done too.

Drums - Minimal, but really punchy and well recorded. Don't like the delays so much on that snare though. Also the verb in spots is quite dense in spots(a bit too much sometimes I rekon). Could imagine some lead in sections too to build intensity up a bit.

Vocal - great source there. Definitely get her to do some more stuff for ya. Good production here too.

Piano - Didn't like this part much at all. Some of the big chords are ok, but when it ventures off on little solos, I don't think it fits much at all. Personal choice though.

Cello - Driving part of the track for sure. Keeps the groove going with this.

Minimal, but really well produced. Definitely a radio tune. Speaking of which, how much radio time did you get? I did a colab with a guy that got a bit of time on JJJ, but it didn't stick around for long.

Anyway, I enjoyed listening.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 28.06.2004, 09:37 AM
Administrator

Piano was quite dull. Sounds like writing of the piano track took as long as the piano part lasted. Vocals are indeed quite nice, like Hollowcell mentioned. Also the cello worked well (exept I would have added more decay on the patch though). Probably a groovy bassline would have added the drive this song needs. At this moment this sounds like this is a demo of an unfinished track, but the overall production of this track is good.

I'd throw that piano in the trash bin and make a new one and add a bassline. Then we would have an excellent track here.
Old 28.06.2004, 12:28 PM

It really was a shame about the piano...... originally it was a vibraphone, with a delay whacked on it, and it sounded nice.

The album was released mid april, and as far as I know JJJ are still playing it, aswel as a more underground station, FBI.......and also NOVA 96.9, who are very mainstream.

Unfortunately, I wasnt involved with any of the arrangement/production/mixing process......so the only say I had in the song was the original creation of the melody/loop (the Cello), and a simple beat........ 10 mins of effort, and I get my name on a CD and royalties..... i was happy enough.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Jase

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60