Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 28.09.2009, 11:58 AM
New here
New here

Default timing-sync problem with Ti Snow analogue outs

Hello,

I own a Virus Ti Snow and I would like to use the analogue outputs connected to an external mixer, but I have extreme Timing (synchronisation) problems with it. Using USB-connection of the virus, everything is in time. I use a Firewire Soundcard (Edirol FA-101) which is connected to an analogue mixer and the Virus is also connected to that mixer, so there shouldn’t be any problem with delay time, isn’t it?
But I already read the thread about the quality of analogue out vs. USB out. Is this because the synchronisation in my host (Ableton Live is at 44.1 kHz and 16 Bit (audio clock) and Virus out is 192khz 24/bit. Where I can find the config menu where I can set audio clock to (44.1, 48 khz or synced host). Is it relevant for my problem or where is the mistake. Thank you very much for any help in that issue.
Old 29.09.2009, 07:54 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

I don not think it has something to do with your "bit-rate"

The analog outputs are not automatic "delay-compensated" when using it with Virus control, like the USB-outs are
You must adjust the delay compensation by hand in your sequencer

br
Old 29.09.2009, 09:13 AM
New here
New here

Thank you for your reply. I tried to adjust the delay time manually but it seems to make some problems. The delay time of the analogue out of the virus is how many milliseconds?

If I use for example my clavia nord modular G2 at the same way how I want to do it for the virus (direct connection to a mixer, not soundcard!), there is no need for delay compensation. Only if you connect an external synthesizer to the input of a soundcard for recording there is a delay of audio signal.
Old 29.09.2009, 12:39 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Analogue outputs are instant, zero latency (give or take). No delay like USB. You shouldn't need delay compensation?
Old 29.09.2009, 01:01 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo View Post
Analogue outputs are instant, zero latency (give or take). No delay like USB.
I think you are right, but then the are ahead of the rest of your DAW? That's what I mean

When I use the analog outs in combination with the USB outs, the analog outs are also out of time and I can adjust this manualy. It will give some trouble when using ARP's etc and start/stop the sequencer many times

b.t.w. my analog outs goes into my analog mixer, not directly in my soundcard as ""external instrument"

maybe you can find extro info here
http://www.access-music.de/forum/ind...ID=46&pageNo=3

Edit:
@Madstyle, I see you are already in this thread
best r

Last edited by HUEY : 29.09.2009 at 01:13 PM.
Old 09.10.2009, 03:37 PM
New here
New here

Hello there,

How many milliseconds do I have to compensate if I want to the analog outputs, and would that be + or - ?

@Madstyle, I have exactly the same problems, I saw in the other thread that everything works fine with your setup now, can you help me a bit with his? Thanks
Old 09.10.2009, 06:02 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

i think it's 44.1khz/16bit quality through usb and 192khz/24bit quality on trs output when speaking about audio, the delay compensation in latency you need to set the rest mixer channels at 91.07ms when live button is not on (not white ligh) and 11.61ms when the live button is on (light on) at stop mode...the one with more latency is more stable when it comes to stability with midinotes.
Old 13.10.2009, 11:59 AM
New here
New here

yes I tried it and I wondered it is not a negative delay time which is typically to enter at audio input, you have to add + 80 or something I empirically tried at your midi channel! It is not necessary with my Nord Modular (same configuration, but not VST)!
Old 08.11.2009, 02:46 PM
New here

Send a message via MSN to shnex

Hey good people!

I believe the reason you encounter more latency when using the analogue outs is because even when using the analogue outs, the Virus still sends the audio "up" to the computer, then back down to the virus (all digitally), the Virus then has to convert a digital signal to analogue.

Basically, that pretty much doubles the latency you had in the first place using the USB out.
I don't know if that's possible, but maybe you can try using the Direct out for all the parts, as this bypasses the whole "journey" to the computer and back.
Old 08.11.2009, 02:47 PM
New here

Send a message via MSN to shnex

Hey good people!

I believe the reason you encounter more latency when using the analogue outs is because even when using the analogue outs, the Virus still sends the audio "up" to the computer, then back down to the virus (all digitally), the Virus then has to convert a digital signal to analogue.

Basically, that pretty much doubles the latency you had in the first place using the USB out.
I don't know if that's possible, but maybe you can try using the Direct out for all the parts, as this bypasses the whole "journey" to the computer and back.