Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 13.12.2015, 07:52 PM
Newborn
Newborn

Send a message via Yahoo to vallik
Default Problem starting up Virus TI KB after plugging out the power cable for more than one hour

Hello, I own a Virus TI keyboard for 4 years and in the last year I've encountered the following issue:
1 - this is happening every time I plug the power cord into the instrument after it is left without power for more than one- two hours;
2 - when I first plug the power cord, the display illuminates suddenly and then turns off completely and there is no way to power up the Virus TI from the power on / off; also the power led is not pulsating;
3 - after removing the power cord and plugging it in for several times - the power led starts pulsating and only then I am able to power on the Virus TI keyboard.

Anyone else had this problem before? Any advice?
Thanks
Old 03.11.2016, 03:44 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Late to this sorry - I had similar problems when I removed mains power or had a mains turn off. My internal power supply was knackered, and I simply replaced with a unit of higher quality, and all works fine now.

I suspect you're sorted by now though, but if not, you may wish to try that.
Old 07.02.2017, 06:26 PM
New here
New here

Hi.
Im just about to replace my faulty internal power supply on virus ti keyboard, but official support didnt make me happy, as they wrote me, that there are no spare power supply. Can you point me, which one shall I buy?
Thank a lot.
Old 07.02.2017, 08:32 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopo View Post
Hi.
Im just about to replace my faulty internal power supply on virus ti keyboard, but official support didnt make me happy, as they wrote me, that there are no spare power supply. Can you point me, which one shall I buy?
Thank a lot.
It's a standard power supply similar to those found supplied with the older type of Dell/IBM/Toshiba laptops. They are all over eBay.

Your best bet is to open your TI up, gain access to the PSU, unplug the standard male connector then remove the unit, get the spec from what you see and order via eBay. Much cheaper than ordering from Access, too!!

There's threads on this site that include images of the insides of a TI showing the PSU and the cable connector etc.

Grab me on facebook if you want to chat in more detail about it, I have helped guide a few people through the process of replacing the PSU.

https://www.facebook.com/JohnVBurns

Add me and I can chat you through.... I have some images here on my iPad somewhere too that I can send you.

How's that?