Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music production

General discussion about music production Discussion concerning music production, composing, studio work, sequencing, software, etc.

Old 24.06.2009, 06:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaid_emu View Post
Have you ever played a live gig where you have minimal setup time and even less time to work out those potential problems that sometimes occur before a show?

Or maybe I should rephrase the question. Have you ever played a live gig at all?

Hey you , Sport Billy
very very stupid question !!!! try again mate
of course i have played many many live gigs
and my "soldiers" are Polar TI - Laptop - RME

there's no need to carry out a magic box like you do
by the way you can hide on this a couple of tea or coffee during live gig

Old 24.06.2009, 07:52 AM
Pro
Pro

Well... clearly there is. Plaids using way more gear, neatly organised and ready to roll - its compact, quick and efficient to setup, power up, and minimise hassle for load ins/outs, also i'd dare say - a shitload harder to be stolen, or lose/forget a bit of kit after one too many drinks/special treats.

But if you cant understand that, then theres not much point responding.
Old 24.06.2009, 11:37 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaid_emu View Post
Here's my little self-contained live rack:

Everything I need is already wired and ready to go (except the AXiS-64 MIDI controller and headset mic).

All I have to do for setup is basically plug in the power cord and a pair of balanced cables into the house PA.
Damn cool setup there Plaid. Those Axis controllers weird looking boxes though - take a while to get used to?
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 24.06.2009, 12:24 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedingear View Post
also i'd dare say - a shitload harder to be stolen, or lose/forget a bit of kit after one too many drinks/special treats.
Yeah, that's one of the negative aspects that turns out to be a positive. It's a bit on the heavy side, a little difficult when you have to deal with stairs. But yes, it's gonna be a bitch for anyone who thinks they can grab it and scurry out the door without being noticed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowcell View Post
Damn cool setup there Plaid. Those Axis controllers weird looking boxes though - take a while to get used to?
Thanks bro! Yeah the AXiS does take some getting used to. It's a recent purchase but I'm getting better every time I use it. It's kind of frustrating to play all the familiar material that I learned on the regular keyboard. On the other hand, I've come up with some amazing riffs and chord progressions I would've NEVER thought up on the standard "black & whites". I highly recommend checking out the entry level AXiS-49 if you want a taste of the Harmonic Table without dropping $1,700+.