Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 31.08.2008, 04:39 PM
New here
New here

Question Can't Get TI To Respond To Midi CC Messages

I am having some trouble. I have a Virus TI and I want to send some basic MIDI controller messages to the TI from Digital Performer while it is playing, but the TI doesn't respond to them. In particular, I have been trying to send Continuous Controller #10 (pan) to the TI, but it does not pan the patch as it plays. I have also tried CC #07 (volume), but that does nothing as well. What am I doing wrong? I can't believe that the TI would not have the Standard MIDI Continuous Controller messages implemented in it. I have looked through the manual, but no luck.

HELP!!!!

Thanks,
Sam
Old 01.09.2008, 06:10 AM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

of course it does support CC ...

Quote:
VirusTI MIDI Reference
Originally Posted by psy604
not understand why Access left such basic documentation away in the TI manual ... total integration is not everything.

... that's exactly the same I thought. Therefore I created this, covers the most common parameters:

http://mitglied.lycos.de/samuelbecker/VirusTI_MIDI.pdf
but i have no clue of Digital Performer. maybe try to record changes, then you can see where they're written to.
probably you have to use plug-in automation for virus control VSTi/RTAS, since the TI feature ...

Last edited by psy604 : 01.09.2008 at 06:20 AM.
Old 02.09.2008, 10:30 PM
New here
New here

Default Solved

Thanks guys....I figured it out. It was a DP issue. I had to enable automation on the DP MIDI track for it to pass the CC data. Why, I don't know, that is a question of the MOTU people, but there it is.

Thanks,
Sam
Old 03.09.2008, 03:12 PM
New here
New here

Awesome link. I've been trying to figure these parameters out one by one recently, this really speeds things up! I have another question but I'll post it separately once I know just what I need to ask.