Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 13.11.2005, 02:31 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Default modify ,circuit bend ,hacking the access virus circuitry

hi has any one here had the guts or spare cash to try modifying or hacking the access virus circuitry.
Old 13.11.2005, 02:41 PM
Veteran
Veteran

I think this would be pretty much pointless, as all the sound-engine stuff is done on the DSP.

In a way, my cat once circuit-bent my Virus C by knocking a cup of coffee all over it that I'd stupidly left beside it when I went to bed. By morning time it was all sticky, and turning the knobs threw up all sorts of crazy messages. 8O

Luckily, giving the circuit board a good rinse sorted it out, and the cat's life was duly spared
Old 13.11.2005, 02:52 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

I have two (very naughty) cats, and my studio door is always kept locked (yes, they actually figured out how to open it if it`s not)! 8O

Best,
midi.
Old 13.11.2005, 04:32 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Default custom code

I would love to spend some time reprogramming the virus with a different OS.. nearly the entire DSP toolchain is available as freeware these days.. I'd just need a barebones example of communication to the IO ports, the LCD and the knobs+leds...

I feel really let down with the overall quality of the dsp algo's used in the virus

come on virus! give me a devkit so I wont bring this unit back!
Old 13.11.2005, 07:00 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Default Re: custom code

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephod
I would love to spend some time reprogramming the virus with a different OS.. nearly the entire DSP toolchain is available as freeware these days.. I'd just need a barebones example of communication to the IO ports, the LCD and the knobs+leds...

I feel really let down with the overall quality of the dsp algo's used in the virus

come on virus! give me a devkit so I wont bring this unit back!

Get yourself a Chameleon then. I await your Virus TI-beater with baited breath
Old 13.11.2005, 08:24 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

no thank you.. I already have a developer model of one of those here. I was one of the developers they contacted to create their first party audioskins.. They completely refused to offer anything more than grocery-store level loan though..

Also: its a nice box, but it completely lacks any hands on control (only 4 knobs on front) and its far too low on cpu to make it a worthwhile replacement for any pc-based plugin...
Old 14.11.2005, 12:18 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

had a google for some pics of the inside of the virus and got a couple.
but if anyone outthere has any nice close ups of the virus inner circuitry
it would be great if you could post them..