Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music production

General discussion about music production Discussion concerning music production, composing, studio work, sequencing, software, etc.

Old 11.11.2011, 11:45 AM
New here
New here

Smile Virus B - LFO1 Filter gain

Hello. Quick question... was wondering if there was an easy way to modulate the filter gain on LFO1 to fade in instead of having it swell as soon as you press a note.Thx
Old 13.11.2011, 01:20 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Maybe try the filter envelope, set for slow attack?
Old 13.11.2011, 03:45 AM
New here
New here

You would think that would be the case but it isn't. I have lfo1 set to 1/8 clock with the FilterGain at +40, but it kicks in instantly no matter where i set the filter attack envelope. I wonder why it wouldn't just have a fade in setting like lfo3. So in the end, what i was after is a quick way to fade in the filter gain on lfo1. i think the only way to do it is in the mod matrix, using the source as the filtenv and dest as lfo1->fltgn and using the filter env knobs as you said. I was trying to avoid this to get an extra mod out of the matrix, out of the patch I made - it's cool thanks anyway for the reply ;]
Old 01.04.2012, 11:13 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Hey, the best way to do that is actually quite simple! You need to put the lfo1 out of sync, then search for the spot where it equals the speed of choise 1/8, that's the amount for filter env to modulate lfo1 rate - adjust the attack to taste... Then, if you want if to fade in exponencially, make filter env modulate filter envelope attack, one way gets convex the other concave. And by the way: nice puzzle!

I left my guess without trying here. So here we go again: use LFo2, trigPhase set to 1 to modulate lfo1>fltgain; amnt= 40. Lfo1 remains in sync (let it beee, let it beee...) and all is well in fading filter gain action from lfo1... You can even mess with lfo2's contour or selecting other waves as shapes (which gives you far more options then a standard envelope or fade...) I tried this one and it works!