Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music production

General discussion about music production Discussion concerning music production, composing, studio work, sequencing, software, etc.

Old 09.08.2003, 12:57 PM
Amateur
Amateur

Default Absynth 2

Any body tried it yet?

Old 13.08.2003, 09:00 PM
Veteran
Veteran

i didnt like the first one!!!!

peace
Blank
Old 07.09.2003, 04:52 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to Panopticon

I tried it, yes. And I do like (and use) the first one.

Anyway, I was just using it at the music store the other day, and I couldn't tell any huge difference in operating procedures, features, or sound. However, Absynth 2 is sort of multi-timbral, so that is a much needed improvement. (It's not multi-timbral in that it lets you layer sounds simultaneously, but you CAN have more than one instance of Absynth 2 open at the same time, and assign it them to whatever channels you want, so yay for that).

I haven't checked yet to see what the cost to upgrade is, but if it isn't much I will upgrade just because I get sick of bouncing audio to disk all the time, just so I can have another Absynth sound in the mix....
Old 25.11.2003, 01:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to DJTOMMYBOY Send a message via MSN to DJTOMMYBOY
Default 2

2 is cool, some nice sounds but not worth the $$. Native instruments took a long time to make it in Audio Units too. Im selling my 1 and my battery if anyones interested.

IBZ777@aol.com
Old 29.11.2003, 01:14 PM

I tried it and it seems pretty cool. Some nice weird sounds on it.

My only problem is that it is a soft-synth. I am really TRYING, but I have such a hard time getting into using soft-synths. I still use my hardware synths, but feel that I ought to start using soft-synths to get a broader variety of sounds in my tracks. The last few tracks I've made have been solely on the Virus C and I fear that my sound is getting too samey.

http://blueswan.mymusic.dk
Old 21.05.2013, 04:09 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

There's been a recent trend of zombie thread resurrection so I thought I'd add to the mayhem

Honestly, I was doing a Google search for "absynth disk access" when I came across this thread, and since I already had an account here and I know lots of you guys already use Native Instruments stuff, I thought I'd ask here. My question is not about Absynth 2 of course (its up to ver. 5 I believe), but what's to be expected from a decade-old thread?

Anyway, I've noticed a lot of the NI stuff, (Absynth being the latest culprit) seems to access the disk a lot, like it's constantly indexing things. It makes clicking on sounds somewhat pokey and not as instantaneous as I'd like. Am I doing something wrong? I know an SSD would be faster but all my synths and music stuff and the OS itself are using the better part of a 1TB drive (i.e. it would be big bucks in SSD-land!)