Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music production

General discussion about music production Discussion concerning music production, composing, studio work, sequencing, software, etc.

Old 20.03.2013, 07:56 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni View Post
Well I don't know about anybody eleses set up but I can run the virus & dozens of soft synths, samplers & FX without any problems or getting near to critical mass so to speak so it's definitely not a limitation of Live only other peoples systems & lets face it EVERYONE is different. I have some pretty CPU intensive synths, Massive etc. & it runs many instances without a problem & my buddy who is also a Live user runs all the synths you mentioned on his set up all day long.
Abletons support is really very good so I would also contact them about the issues you are having with the soundcards.
I have a feeling it is something that Live doesn't like about my particular PC. I've tried just about everything at this point except for trying another PC which I might do in the future. I have no doubt the experience on the Mac is different -- that's one thing I commonly see with software that supports multiple platforms, sometimes one platform's version gets slightly more attention than another, and to be fair their QA department has a lot more work cut out for them on the PC and the myriad hardware possibilities than they do on a Mac.

I tried disabling everything that might remotely interfere, including the NVidia HD Audio drivers (which are weird, they are there apparently for the HDMI port on the video card... don't remember asking for these!).

Anyway without meaning to, I've kind of screwed up a thread about Live 9 with a bunch of woes about Live 8.4, so I should probably just bug out - sorry for that, as its not really the right place. I might bail on Live for now and try it later with a different version (as far as I could tell, Live 9 Lite was not a download option for me). If anyone is using Live 8 on a PC and can possibly help, even if a PM, its appreciated.
Old 20.03.2013, 09:37 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Live lite has been replaced by Live intro, its $119 usd. They will probably throw it in for free on future gear bundles.