Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > The forum members' music

The forum members' music Here you can post links to your music and listen to and comment other forum members' music.

Old 11.02.2009, 07:09 AM
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlot View Post
Khaz,

Great remix. Mix sounds good, maybe a little overcompressed in the cans I am wearing.

What equipment did you use? DO you still have the same setup?

Cheers mate - and long time no see etc

Yeh pretty much the same TI as main synth and use Ableton Live for production, though tended to make more use of abused samples as well new.

If its the club remix - then yeh - I knew it was over compressed - the bizarre thing is - alot of people seem to prefer it that way.

Not convinced myself, but there you go - lol
Old 11.02.2009, 04:30 PM

Yeah, school had me bogged down for awhile, but now I actually have a little free time. I definitely don't mind it squished.

I looked at the studio and it actualy looks like it's grown since the last time I checked. Damn son, that's just way too many options for a guy like myself. I would sit around and play with sounds and never get a damn thing done. Wait...Oh, that's right, I don't get a damn thing done with software either. lol
Old 11.02.2009, 05:17 PM

LOL - I know it kind of looks that way, but think about it - I have 5 subtractive synths, one of them does a whole load of wierd wavetable stuff, another does a whole load of cool shit with samples and another is a mono analog that is great for bass noises etc.

Then their are romplers for sample based sounds and drums and fx and prcoessing - that is way less option than someone with say 30 soft synths that they dont know how to use because they dant make up their mind which to use for any given task and so never focus on - lol
Old 11.02.2009, 07:06 PM

Agreed. I just did a OS wipe and install last week and installed live and one soft synth. I am in the market for some hardware to get back to the root of it. Was thinking about getting the Elektron pieces. You still using the MD? How do you get along with it? Had one about 4 years ago, but needed to sell it for financial reasons. lol
Old 19.02.2009, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Agreed. I just did a OS wipe and install last week and installed live and one soft synth. I am in the market for some hardware to get back to the root of it. Was thinking about getting the Elektron pieces. You still using the MD? How do you get along with it? Had one about 4 years ago, but needed to sell it for financial reasons. lol
I still have my MD, but I keep thinking of getting rid of it as these days I tend to use single sample and sometimes chopped loops directly in Live (or live samplers).

If i was starting again with gear, my gear would probbaly just be virus ti, v-synth, LP or mopho and a kurzweil pc3x for painos and other typical rompler sounds. Leave all the rhythm to ableton Live.

While the MD is good - and great fun to program, I never really found I like using it exclusively - its character is too obvious and certain sounds are impossible to get out of it with the character I tend to like these days. also its a bit of a time pit when you are just trying to get stuff done
Old 20.02.2009, 12:57 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Default Stylus RMX

what about Stylus RMX, have you tried that..
Old 20.02.2009, 04:01 AM

I could take the MD off your hands for the right price! Uhhhhh...with a student discount. lol
Old 20.02.2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by synthfiend View Post
what about Stylus RMX, have you tried that..
Yeh - was using that for quite a while and still use it, but after going all around the house with various drum machine, just eventually became easier and more flexible to do it all natively in Live

And RMX is a bit of a CPU hog.
Old 20.02.2009, 09:25 AM

Quote:
I could take the MD off your hands for the right price! Uhhhhh...with a student discount. lol
Be expensive over there because our prices are usualy way way high than yours - ugh!
Old 20.02.2009, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazul View Post
Yeh - was using that for quite a while and still use it, but after going all around the house with various drum machine, just eventually became easier and more flexible to do it all natively in Live

And RMX is a bit of a CPU hog.
I jsut hate the way live integrated their swing function. Unless I am missing something the amount of swing seems to be universal for each track. I am a logic user, so I definitely could have overlooked something.