Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > The forum members' music

The forum members' music Here you can post links to your music and listen to and comment other forum members' music.

Old 17.04.2010, 08:23 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedingear View Post
Well check out my track to here some of the results .
I did that. Liked it. Cool.
Old 18.04.2010, 02:46 AM
Pro
Pro

Yah I have to agree with PaPi. Youll get far more flexibility from Alchemy. You can modulate pretty much anything to anything. With a ridiculous amount of LFOs, MSEGS etc available as well, plus the ability to have 8 snapshot of presets to morph between (similar to Kore 2), it's hard to imagine how you could run out of control.

Thanks for taking a listen .

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/

Old 18.04.2010, 04:44 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedingear View Post
Yah I have to agree with PaPi. Youll get far more flexibility from Alchemy. You can modulate pretty much anything to anything. With a ridiculous amount of LFOs, MSEGS etc available as well, plus the ability to have 8 snapshot of presets to morph between (similar to Kore 2), it's hard to imagine how you could run out of control.

Thanks for taking a listen .
The really cool thing is that the Kore 2 controller can now control pretty much anything and not only Kore, like before. Took me 5 minutes to write a template for Alchemy. Waaaaaay smoother transitions (sound morphing) than with a mouse.
Old 18.04.2010, 09:27 AM
Pro
Pro

Hey Guys...i'm really enjoying this Alchemy synth...haha...

the granulizer is too awesome....and i have not even tries any of that re-synthesis or additive stuff yet....
i'm maybe gonna buy this....
have u guys bought it??
I think its one of those synths that you can settle down with for a while...start using it real well....its quite intuitive... and once understanding some concepts on the virus like the matrix, well makes Alchemy quite easy to understand and use......yet it seems like quite a deep synth too...there is lots of everything in it....50 filter types..15 filters.....its easy to make even wavetable sorts of sounds on it.....its cool....i like it....i just brought in some samples i had made on the virus, into alchemy.....wow.....its like i wanna open every sound i make on the virus in something like this....like every channel just has one of these....so far it does not seem to use too much processor power..
Old 18.04.2010, 06:46 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutrinoland View Post
have u guys bought it??
I've tried the demo, and it was impressive. With all available sound banks it was around $500, which was about the price of Omnisphere, and for whatever reason (I don't remember) I went with Omnisphere last year instead. My most recent toy is the TI2 desktop which is going to preclude any expensive VST purchases for a while.

Alchemy might have actually been a better choice in retrospect for the type of music I do, but both are nice to have for sample/synth hybrids. Omni can do a lot of the cinematic - type "too good to be a softsynth" sounds like you hear out of Alchemy, though in trance I find myself not reaching for it as much as Zebra2, Synlenth and such.

I think a lot of the appeal (to me) about Alchemy was how "alive" and dynamic the sounds are, which I can get for any of my synths by putting CamelSpace on a mixer track for gating / chopping up and interesting modulations. The fact that its a mixer plugin and I can use it with any instrument is where the real value is I think.

So if you want to make some of your existing instruments have that "wow" sound like Alchemy, you might want to try CamelSpace for $85. Personally I think it contains all the functionality that is about 90% responsible for Alchemy sounding as good as it does.
Old 19.04.2010, 01:46 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutrinoland View Post
Hey Guys...i'm really enjoying this Alchemy synth...haha...
have u guys bought it??
Actually, I'm an early adopter. I was already a CamelAudio customer with their previous synths, which Alchemy replaced.

Don't know if the optional soundbanks are worth considering, I tried one (ambient/soundtrack or something like that) but frankly I'm more satisfied with the patches I programmed myself. It's a very user-friendly synth, it won't take you too long to master it.

I like Omnisphere, but the interaction between samples and synthesis is primitive when compared to Alchemy's.
Old 19.04.2010, 01:49 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBTC View Post
So if you want to make some of your existing instruments have that "wow" sound like Alchemy, you might want to try CamelSpace for $85. Personally I think it contains all the functionality that is about 90% responsible for Alchemy sounding as good as it does.
You could also consider just buying one of the soundpacks (I said maybe not worth the price, but only if you have Alchemy.) They all come with an Alchemy player and therefore you don't need to buy the synth.