Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > The forum members' music

The forum members' music Here you can post links to your music and listen to and comment other forum members' music.

Old 14.08.2004, 10:58 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
Oh Juho that song made me positively piss my pants laughing. U should release this at xmas time...u never u know u might have a number 1. Its good man...bloody good.
Hoho. It's not that bad, is it?

A friend of mine said that the vocals were too sex-beast-like. ?hih. But we did have great fun writing those lyrics. Thay are so sugarish that it makes you puke or laugh (or both).

Quote:
Man...to really make this a No.1 we gotta have some 80's synth sounds in there.
No 80's synths. I hate them. Maybe I try to get that 80's synthpop feel with fresh sounds.

Quote:
Nice job Juho :P
Thank you.

I'm convinced that there's a higher force driving this project. There's probably a new 80's wave coming and this is going to be a hit.
Old 15.08.2004, 01:30 AM

LOL sex beast....indeed!!!

Quite a husky voice u got there. I would be scared to meet u in a dark ally way.

hehehe

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 15.08.2004, 01:32 AM

BTW Juho

strange chord sequence!

What does everyone else think?

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 15.08.2004, 08:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Quite a husky voice u got there. I would be scared to meet u in a dark ally way
Hoho. I even sung higher than usual. I think the lowest note there is E on background vocals track when usually the lowest is seven semitones lower A.

Quote:
BTW Juho

strange chord sequence!
Not strange, just different: A - C#m - A - C#m - D - Esus4 - E - Fmaj7 and the other one: F - G - A. That Fmaj7 in the end on the basic chord progression gives it a nice relieving feel.
Old 15.08.2004, 09:40 AM

Hmm speaking of chords and stuff like that......can we plz start a new thread in lobby about the theory behind chords and how to progress them. Im a newbie to actual music making and ive been making some of my own chords.

Ive made some interesting chord sequences.......I wonder if they are unique? Does anyone here know how to write counter harmonies and all that shit....hehe

DS

Old 15.08.2004, 09:42 AM

WTF Juho!!! Thats your voice in song? U have a pretty 80's sounding voice there. A little bit new romantic.

DS

Old 15.08.2004, 09:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Hmm speaking of chords and stuff like that......can we plz start a new thread in lobby about the theory behind chords and how to progress them. Im a newbie to actual music making and ive been making some of my own chords.
I could make one, but my theoretical knowledge is quite limited so my explanations would be quite strange (they are correct and work, but are strange). I think Blank had studied theory. Maybe I'll PM him now and ask.

Quote:
Ive made some interesting chord sequences.......I wonder if they are unique? Does anyone here know how to write counter harmonies and all that shit....hehe
I think almost all sensible chord progressions are already used, but the chords don't make the song. Playing around with chords is fun. You can get very effective atmospheres with plain chords.

Here's one of my still unused progression (piano with these chords + female vocals and overproduced ProTools hospital sound = overproduced intelligent pop rubbish):

Bridge: Bbmaj7 - Am7 - Dm - Asus4 - Dm
Chorus: Dm - Am7add11 - Gm7 - Amadd117
Verse: Dm - Bbmaj7 - Csus4 - C - Am/C - C/A - Am7add11 - Am7

Quote:
WTF Juho!!! Thats your voice in song? U have a pretty 80's sounding voice there. A little bit new romantic.
That 80's-like sound comes from chorus and heavy reverb.
Old 15.08.2004, 10:47 AM

I will go away and use those majic chord numbers and hey presto I will finally have a number one hit.

Joking aside.....is that the correct way of writing the chords down.....b'cos i do it differently. I just recently (2 days ago in fact) made a chord sequence with a progression which could definitely be used in some kinda epic film. Im not sure how to write them down. I might just litrally right down all the letters

hehehe god im a keyboard newbie

Im having my very first piano lesson next weekend. Hurray!!!!

DS

Old 15.08.2004, 10:49 AM

The funny thing is for me.....despite my lack of playing ability I still manage to make synth sounds. God im talanted.

lmao

DS