Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Sound designing

Sound designing Discussion about sound designing with the Virus series synths. Share patches and your knowledge or ask questions.

Old 26.06.2009, 08:59 AM
Am starting to like this forum

Default kamui virus soundset

hi,

anyone here got the kamui virus soundset?
sounds great!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn1oZRffcT0
Old 26.06.2009, 03:32 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

$40 for some patches!!!! You have got to be joking right?
Old 26.06.2009, 07:55 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Manuel Schleis' Incubation Soundsets cost €46 and they are must have if you are into trance, even you should be capable of tweaking your own sounds since you own a VIRUS

This Kamui set is interesting, finally not another one from the 'commerse' line
Old 27.06.2009, 03:13 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quite capable of making my own sounds, that way I dont have to pay some geek to do it for me
Old 27.06.2009, 07:55 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Capable of making your own soundset or not the Ummett Ozcan Soundset it a must have. Even the most experienced sound designer can benifit from anothers ideas and directions.
Old 28.06.2009, 07:23 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

I dont believe in any such thing as a 'must have' sound set for 2 reasons, the first being, the sounds you want or need really depend on what kind of music you want to make with this instrument (thats assuming that some people DO actually use this synth to make music although not much of it on this forum...cmon lets hear some more tracks peeps!) The second reason is that if someone has created a patch then U2 can recreate it if you know enough about the synth...hey its not rocket science. Just my 2c
Old 09.03.2010, 09:23 PM
New here
New here

nothing is better than the sounds you make by yourself, all of these soundsets are cheap and commercial, they were synthesized to fit exactly in the ear of people who dont know much about synthesis and production.
i tought it was good too... before i realised that its just a delusion after i learned to synthsize.
its just another easy way for them to make money, people who make really good sounds dont sell them.
Old 10.03.2010, 09:59 AM
Pro
Pro

Thats exactly what I said?

"I bought the Polar knowing very little about subtractive synthesis and the ability to look at what the settings are on patches has taught me so much about what parameters change what types of sound instead of blindly fumbling in the dark - the ability to buy a professional sound set and have a look at those sounds/edits as well is worth the price of admission alone."

If I was dead keen on making exactly the same sounds as the ones in a soundset for my instrument, I would pay the cash - as it stands there are no banks that I would consider a must buy for the educational experience.

As I said, consider it a form of a lesson.

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/

Old 10.03.2010, 02:29 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

init patch for me thanks
Old 10.03.2010, 09:09 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

This can go on for days, you can create your own patches all day long but somewhere along the lines someone is going to come up with a patch that either you never came up with yourself or never even thought of. And Im sure somewhere along the lines you guys have all used a preset on the virus weather you changed something mildly or durasticly and wrote a song or practiced your chops. Obviously if you dont want to buy them dont but others would and Im sure they dont appricate being told that if they do they arnt real synth enthusiasts. I wright new patches every day that I persony feel are of high quality but if the Depech Mode or Noisia or Deadmau5 came out with a patch set I would gladly purchase just as I have with the Ummet Ozcan and others. I bet every now and then even they have modified presets poping up in there songs and I dont think any less of them. Do what you want we all forked out a couple grand for our synths that we are all proud of.

Last edited by ShortBus : 10.03.2010 at 10:43 PM.