Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 07.12.2004, 09:35 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via ICQ to Wandering Kid
Default cheap viruses on ebay

what in the world is happening?! i just watched the clock count down on an immaculate condition virus c desktop. only had 1 bid. went for ?500 which was the starting bid. thats just nuts. you cant get them at retail for anything less than ?900 and even that is pushing it. most people typically get ?850 for one of these on ebay. theres also some virus b's on there with 0 bids. i thought i got a bargain for ?390 but i honestly can see Item number: 3767720705 going for less than ?300. which would be unbelievable. i guess nows the time to buy a virus if you havent got one. but i suppose im preaching to the perverted here 8O

surely the TI cant have dried up the demand for the older models? only 2 months ago there were bidding wars on every single one of these. i really just dont get it.
Old 07.12.2004, 09:45 PM
This forum member lives here

8O

ive seen these auctions too.
im nearly considering taking back my deposit on the ti and just buying a c... and using the extra money to buy some other outboard gear...
...nearly
Old 07.12.2004, 09:45 PM
Administrator

Of course the Viruses are cheap when there's buyers market. Viruses are ridiculously cheap. There are probably ten Viruses for offer per buyer.
Old 07.12.2004, 10:08 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via ICQ to Wandering Kid

yea but do you remember how quickly they used to go last month? also, i always used to get outbid. now nobody seems to bid at all 8O

maybe its a depression in the hardware synth market or maybe a downturn in ebay buyers or something. nobody is buying the nords either. or the supernovas. in the last 2 months i saw a nord lead 2x get relisted 3 times by the same person because nobody bid on it (had a reserve on it. not sure of the amount but it was over ?450). when you consider nord lead 2x's sell for about ?750 and nobody was willing to bid over ?450 for an as new one, something has to be up. i couldnt bid on it past ?350 cuz that was my budget at the time. if i had gotten it i would be posting in the unnofficial clavia nord forum instead of here (if it exists)

there was some guy here who was selling his KC and mentioned with 24 hours to go that he was probably gonna get a rubbish price for it. i told him to wait for the last minute bidding frenzy but i reckon with auctions like the ones im seeing now, ill bet that bidding frenzy never happened i hope that dude got a good price for it anyway cuz an excellent condition virus KC should no way sell for less than ?700.
Old 08.12.2004, 01:32 AM

Yup the TI is causing a stir by the looks.

Now would be the best time to pick up a C I rekon. Maybe the prices of C's will go up when people find out the TI has been rush-released with heaps of OS bugs. 8O

EDIT: That is my jealousy of not being able to buy a TI showing through by the way.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 08.12.2004, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowcell
EDIT: That is my jealousy of not being able to buy a TI showing through by the way.
at least you are honest mate.
Old 08.12.2004, 03:12 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

ive put my kc on ebay a few days ago...

the highest bid was 1250$ USD for a while and it went up to 1400$ USD.

thats still quite cheap for a kc!

But i wanted the TI
Old 08.12.2004, 12:15 PM

Sorry to hear that MAD. $1400USD equates to ?725 here in the UK. That is shockingly cheap. I sold my Virus KC for ?950 ($1,830) and I still feel as if it were given away...considering I spent ?1400+ on it.

But thats the prob with new gear...not just virus.....they dont hold the value.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 08.12.2004, 12:39 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowcell
Is it, never
Old 08.12.2004, 03:38 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to emperor

Hi gang

Sadly there is a lot of scams on Ebay, and things going rediculously cheap or sometimes rediculously high, is part of a scam. People are ganging together in groups. They buy something of worth by not bidding by those in the circle, but sell it a later date, and with all their freinds, hype it ip, and get all in the circle to up the price, and look like a popular deal, anyone in the circle, who wins it, need not buy it, and if they do, they do not sell to their own. So you could sell your Synth on Ebay for a pathetic ?200, and in two weeks, with the help of their freinds they can hype it up to over double. They make sure the bids stay low for those out of the scam, so they can buy low, and sell high. I saw a shitty Ob12, i wouldnt wee on if it was on fire, going for ?450,Retail for ?500!!
(Virus B or OB12????) It had an unbelievable embellishment of exaggerated bullshit, on how brilliant this "Sheep in wolfs clothing", is and had a long list of bidders.
It doesnt always work, and they dont always get the peice of equipment, but its quite nice if your in the circle. But not if your not. All the same Ebay wont do nothing about it, because, they get a nice chunk of the winning sale. all you need are a lot of freinds, a lot of Bullshit, and everyone gets their share of the pie, as they all help each other in their Auctions. I know its nothing special, but i had a TG500 peter out at ?65, I expected ?100 at least, but it seems if you can nick your way in, you can pick up a bargain. And no i dont know if they have a special handshake.

By the way i apologise for using the Word OB12 on an acccess Virus Forum, what a pile of crud!!