Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 05.10.2009, 12:39 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Default No luck with FL Studio.

Ugh, I'm hoping this is user error on my part but I've installed the 64 bit TI software and I'm using the TI plugin for the first time and it's not working.

I can play the Virus from the sequencer within FL, I can automate parameters from within FL but I can't actually get any response when I play the virus keyboard, none of the knobs respond to live control either, I figured this was a problem along the lines of user error rather than a bug, but I can't see what I'm doing wrong, for instance it doesn't matter if the TI Live button is selected or not I still get no response from the Virus, there's no way I can play the synth live or use any of the controls, I can only do this internally within my daw - FL 9.

I've gone over the rather out of date Tutorial pdf for FL, I can't see anything out of place, anyone got any ideas?
Old 05.10.2009, 10:50 PM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Nobl1v1on

I use FL Studio with a fairly good degree of success. I have found that first set the MIDI settings so that MIDI Out = Virus MIDI MIDI In = Virus Synth. Then open the Virus TI in a channel, assign it to an effects bank, assign it to a MIDI port, then pull up the effects/mixer screen and move to the channel you have assigned the Virus to, in "Audio In" assign Virus, for audio out, assign virus. Finally in the lower corner of the Audio "In" "Out" section, you will see a small box that says "post", click on it to say "pre", then click the arrow in that dialog box, a sub-menu will come up saying "set from", move down to master, it should be the final option. See if that works, that's what I have been doing, and it has been much more stable with the latest beta release. "Knocks on Wood"

cheers
lars
Nobl1v1on
Old 05.10.2009, 11:16 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Oh wicked, cheers lars!!!

Yeah, it was as simple as that, stupid really, I can see that now.
Old 06.10.2009, 09:26 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobl1v1on View Post
I use FL Studio with a fairly good degree of success. I have found that first set the MIDI settings so that MIDI Out = Virus MIDI MIDI In = Virus Synth. Then open the Virus TI in a channel, assign it to an effects bank, assign it to a MIDI port, then pull up the effects/mixer screen and move to the channel you have assigned the Virus to, in "Audio In" assign Virus, for audio out, assign virus. Finally in the lower corner of the Audio "In" "Out" section, you will see a small box that says "post", click on it to say "pre", then click the arrow in that dialog box, a sub-menu will come up saying "set from", move down to master, it should be the final option. See if that works, that's what I have been doing, and it has been much more stable with the latest beta release. "Knocks on Wood"

cheers
lars
Nobl1v1on
Nob1v1on, have you managed to get your ti to play in time? I just cant get the delay compensated.
Old 08.10.2009, 03:49 PM
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Nob1v1on, have you managed to get your ti to play in time? I just cant get the delay compensated
I also got latency bizarreness in FL when using VC . My work around was to rewire fl into abelton . This way my TI is in snyc but you cant use Fls midi out channel.

Other solution was to use Virus without VC controlled by standard midi.
Old 15.10.2009, 03:46 AM
Complete Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Nobl1v1on

I have gotten it to play in time pretty much everytime, lemme go over my steps to getting it working and I will get back to this post, dont want to give bad directions