Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 06.08.2015, 01:07 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default bank select messages?

Hi, I am having trouble getting my Virus B to keep in sync with bank and patch changes on my sequencer (a yamaha rm1x).

Basically, my emu ultra and jv1080 both work fine and switch as expected. But the virus does not, and seems to either not change at all, or change to completely unrelated patches.

My virus is in multi-single mode, and if I send individual PC messages to it it works fine as expected. The problem begins when I change Style (song) on the sequencer. I think it is sending some kind of bank select message which the virus is getting confused by.

In the Ctrl menu on the virus there is an option called HiPage and LoPage. By changing these, I got different behaviour (still not the correct behaviour though). Also, i notice that with one of these set some way (cant remember which) the virus changes patch and also alters the patch somehow. This leads me to belive that it's receiving messages from the sequencer and interpreting them differently than expected.

I don't want to change patches for each channel with a PC, as this means I would have PC msgs stuck in my sequences which recur when the sequence loops, and that's bad. The bank select (i think) is only emitted when i change style, which is more what i want...

any suggestions?
Old 07.08.2015, 01:10 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

After trying a lot of things at random, I finally noticed that if I set the virus Midi Global Channel to 16 (or any), and at the same time tell the rm1x sequencer not to transmit on that particular channel, then the problem goes away and all other channels change patches as expected.

This is weird, because the manual doesn't mention much about global channel, and in fact only says that the switching mechanism is permanently disabled when in multisingle mode, which i am in. So, the rm1x was sending some midi which the virus reacted to on the global channel when it shouldn't have. virus bug? Or something else?