Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Sound designing

Sound designing Discussion about sound designing with the Virus series synths. Share patches and your knowledge or ask questions.

Old 23.09.2008, 12:21 PM
New here
New here

Default How do I make this trance sound?

Hi, could someone please help me to make this sound on a virus c, using sound diver, thankyou
http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF319593-01-02-07.mp3
Old 14.10.2008, 07:33 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Smile

What artist is it? really nice!
Old 25.01.2009, 08:05 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

its thomas datt .. really love this sound would also love to know how to re-create it .. its a very famous type lead used at the minute by the likes of paul miller, thomas bronzewaer etc .. anyone want to have a go at this ?
Old 01.02.2009, 01:46 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue-horizon View Post
its thomas datt .. really love this sound would also love to know how to re-create it .. its a very famous type lead used at the minute by the likes of paul miller, thomas bronzewaer etc .. anyone want to have a go at this ?
jp8000, jp8080, vsynth, sh201 all have supersaws in this sound, otherwise virus ti hypersaw
Old 02.02.2009, 07:49 AM
Infektion taking hold...

if you buy such a(n expensive) baby like the Virus, dive into it and find out yourself
Old 16.04.2009, 08:48 PM
New here
New here

Default Thomas Bronzwaer / Sean Tyas

Uses a virus C.

I was spoke with Thomas last year and he said it's not so much the preset (their are several presets in the virus like this, ones call Heaven I think, although they do need tweaking.)

He uses a PSP Vintage Warmer and has a delay followed with a reverb as inserts, but he said most of the work is in the EQ.

He also said the trick is to simply make is sound BIG!

Sean Tyas also said the same about it being the effects (same order)and using EQ accurately is the secret, he added that it's 3 oscilators and all are Saws. (Listen to Talla vs Sean Tyas - heart to heart), same sound.

Hope this helps.

Shayne
Old 16.04.2009, 09:03 PM
Veteran
Veteran

One thing I would like to add since I have been doing sound design for a number of years now. You cant really think of it as making/recreating a sound. Most of the time its layering that is being done. You can take 2 sounds that sound awful separate and make one sound that is amazing. Alteast alot of bass is made this way. IE Benny Benasi...I use to go through this forum and recreate sounds on my Virus C for people all the time and you can always get close but most of the time its lacking punch or some kind of grit...really just something...FX and mastering and equipment matter. To make quality takes time and creativity. I dont suggest starting with copying sounds, play around and try new things learn what kinds of sounds your hardware can make and you will be better off in the end. Sometimes less tweaking is more.
Just some advice for the future...I just know I have been stuck in the cycle before and its hard to get out of it. Its good for learning but dont obsess about it.
Old 22.04.2009, 02:32 AM
New here
New here

Default Its all about the FX and EQ.

Great Epic Sound.

1. It's sawtooth / hypersaw oscillators.
2. use unison if that's available on the C. Set it to 3+
3. Add a large Hall Reverb or Concert reverb
4. Add a panning, synced delay with the feedback up a lot.
5. EQ out all the lows until about 400-500hz
6. EQ out some of the highs if necessary

That should get you very close to the sound you included.

PS. For really nasty bass sounds, it's best to use two synths. One is super low with the highs cut out a bit. The other, not even a bass sound but a really distorted gritty mid range sound. Together, they sound like one bass, but massive and gritty.