Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > The forum members' music

The forum members' music Here you can post links to your music and listen to and comment other forum members' music.

Old 02.07.2005, 08:19 AM
This forum member lives here

Cant wait to listen to this one Panopticon.....

Will have to be in the next week though as the studio is in bits atm, waiting for a fresh coat of paint and some sound treatment

Cheers for posting!

Jase

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 03.07.2005, 09:39 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to Panopticon

It's not that exciting, lol. I was making a library of custom ambient loops the other night and just went to town editing one of the 4-measure loops.

I'm would like to put out a sample CD of loops and noises sometime, I guess if I ever have too much spare time I'll finish it...
Old 03.07.2005, 10:28 AM
Administrator

Ten: If you want reviews that only say "Great work! I love it!", you have a bad problem in your hands. The best way to develop musically and as a producer is to receive objective and sometimes harsh criticism. I know it always feels great when someone give compliments of your tracks, but the reality is that the negative critic is the one that is the useful part.

You really shouldn't be afraid of criticism. As many of you know my reviews can be ruthless sometimes, but how many times I've tried to intentionally insult the artist I'm criticising? How many times I've given negative criticism on a track that's perfect? Is there even a track that's perfect?

Why are you afraid that someone who doesn't listen to the kind of music your track represents gives a review of your track? Sometimes the best advice come from outside the genre. Usually if I review a track that's musically not my cup of tea and it's kinda lost case (ie. cheese trance, or similiar) I concentrate on the productional side, so you shouldn't have a problem with that either.

It's a shame that nowadays yes-yes-man culture is so strong. No-one gives honest reviews and critic ebcause "I don't want no-one to get upset or hurt", so all the reviews are "GREAT! Super! I love it!" no matter what kind of crap is reviewed. When you people review tracks be honest. By lying you hurt the artist more. Just look at the Idols contest's first round and you see what lying really can do. "All my friends said I am a great singer! BOO-HOO!".

Remember people, negative criticism is the cake, positive criticism is just the frosting. Who likes a plate of plain cake frosting? Personally I'd like to have the cake itself too.
Old 03.07.2005, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juho L
How many times I've given negative criticism on a track that's perfect? Is there even a track that's perfect?

But this is coming from someone who used to have an avatar that read 'listening to trance music turns you into a fucking idiot'.
I gather that Ten produces trance, so perhaps you wouldnt be the first person he would look to for a review Juho

cheers

blay
Old 03.07.2005, 11:33 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blay
But this is coming from someone who used to have an avatar that read 'listening to trance music turns you into a fucking idiot'. :lol:
I gather that Ten produces trance, so perhaps you wouldnt be the first person he would look to for a review Juho
?hih. Yes. But he was referring that he didn't want to post any tracks here because of some anti-trance people here.

People are again taking everything too seriously.
Old 03.07.2005, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juho L
People are again taking everything too seriously.
Not me

But you do hate trance music, so why would he bother you for a review?

cheers

blay
Old 03.07.2005, 01:26 PM

Perhaps he feels he doesnt need the approval of some random crazies at the Virus forum to validate what he knows in his heart is his creative expressions and soul.....

In any case....whatever the reasons, I think we should respect them and not challenge them.

But you do speak sense there Juho.....constructive criticism is always very usefull.

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 03.07.2005, 01:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blay
But you do hate trance music, so why would he bother you for a review?
I don't hate trance music. I just don't understand the most of the trance artists who don't invent anything new by themselved but copy other tracks instead.

Usually I don't review trance tracks (I review if I'm asked to). But if someone on this forum don't like trance doesn't mean that all the trance artists should be scared to post their tracks here.
Old 03.07.2005, 02:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasedee
Perhaps he feels he doesnt need the approval of some random crazies at the Virus forum to validate what he knows in his heart is his creative expressions and soul.....
And this would mean that one doesn't have a will to develop and that's a pity.

Quote:
In any case....whatever the reasons, I think we should respect them and not challenge them.
By challenging a discussion and changes are made. By challenging we incite each other to deeds we would otherwise not do.

Therefore I challenge (or more like encourage) everybody to post music here now.
Old 03.07.2005, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panopticon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowcell
Now where are the rest of you?

Tommer, Panopticon, Harry, Tommy, BenC, Ten, Trazash, and everyone else which I can not be bothered listeing.

We wanna hear your tunes!!
Here you go Hollowcell...made this little minute of heaven just for you (not really music, though):
http://home.comcast.net/~suckstar/pretty_broken.mp3

I should have called it 'heavy edit' hehe.
Pretty crazy sound you have created there Panopticon. You sure we can't hear one of your tracks then?

Yes, Juho is an arse hole when it comes to reviewing tracks - make that all the time actually, but not having a thick skin when it comes to tunes is crazy. After all, who are we making music for anyway?

I'm on this forum at least 4 or 5 times a week and I wanna hear the tunes people are making. I feel if anyone is commenting on production, music, or gear, then those people should back themselves up.

Pano and Merlot are the only 2 so far. C'mon the rest of you!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut