Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > The forum members' music

The forum members' music Here you can post links to your music and listen to and comment other forum members' music.

Old 25.11.2004, 07:10 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Default Figured i would throw mine up aswell

Ok this took me 2 days to throw it together...i cant tell if it sux or ive just heard it too many times...the opening is horrible i know...and it hasnt been mastered...pretty much shit...but honest opinons please!!

ftp://virus@djblank.serveftp.com/Let_it_Rain.mp3

peace
Blank
Old 25.11.2004, 08:02 PM
This forum member lives here

Ok, listenign to this track and watching your avater at the same time made me piss myself laughing. Very good Blank!

Ok, now ill do you the curtesy of an honest opinion. Please bear in mind im no pro! Intro a little lacking...but kicks off nicely into something atmospheric at 44 secs. Bass from reason? Its ok but a little cliched (Hell I can talk...I make fucking 80's sounds!). Ah yes and here come the trance leads.....actually sound pretty damn nice! Its good they play a kinda background role....

As far as structure goes I think its quite confusing. To me it sounds like you kept changing your mind... Its a mismatch.... Re-listen to it with fresh ears and decide what direction you wanna take this in....and be consistent. You trying to make a progressive track here?

Overall I'd give it a 6/10

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 25.11.2004, 08:56 PM
Veteran
Veteran

my structure in my music always lacks consistancy...I have been reading on themes/motives and phrases to improve this but that has always been my hard spot...

No reason bass...I hate reason...but i will say that the whole song was made with fruityloops

my midisport broke so im waiting for the firmware upgrade...and decided to throw something together...

I am curious on what you mean about me changing my mind...please elaborate because this might help me dive deeper into my structure problems...

peace
Blank

anyone else?

BTW: I got DS to like trance sounds MUAHAHAHAH j/k
Thanx DS
Old 25.11.2004, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank
BTW: I got DS to like trance sounds MUAHAHAHAH j/k
Thanx DS
I'll never forgive you for that

Hmmm...changing your mind. What I mean by that is...you make a sound and you write something for it. That idea then leads you onto something else and you make another sound....but the thing is...your getting all these ideas but your struggling to connect them all. Its hard for me to articulate this....but its a common problem for most people. You obviously have the technical knowhow/ability to write a song....I just think you need to work on one idea (write it down if you have to) and structure everything around it. Try writing 3 minute songs and you'll see what I mean. If your having a problem with structure then why are you trying to write 6 min songs?

The song you posted is a classic example of reasonably good/interesting intro then you loose it a bit. At the moment im working on 3 min songs....I myself am trying to develope the ability to write good catchy tunes. The last thing I want to do is write a repetitve 8 min tune. I dont do repetition (well not to that extent anyway). Hmm does this answer help you in anyway? If not ill try and think how to articulate it better.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 25.11.2004, 09:19 PM
Veteran
Veteran

know i see what you are saying, and i agree...I use to make 8 minute songs...that just changed all over the play thats why i went down to 6...and im trying to put in more reputition...This is exactly why im reading on Themes, motives, and phrases...you can also tell that by my volume levels...i want everything equally heard...

peace
Blank
Old 25.11.2004, 09:22 PM

Yep.....volumes that another factor. I sometimes do Jams with one of my housemates (guitar player)....and he ALWAYS cranks up the volume both on the jam and mix. I try to tell him to turn that shit down...but he just doesnt get it. Its like you got 3 instruments going (not much by any means) and you cant hear shit! Arrgh...he plays distorted bass, distorted leads...and im trying to fit a nice smooth pad in there! God damn rocker

DS

Old 25.11.2004, 09:24 PM
Veteran
Veteran

HAHA...well i dont consider myself to that extent but i have played with guys like that...

peace
BLank
Old 25.11.2004, 10:57 PM

I'm looking forward to listening Blank! I'll be at work on Monday, so I'll DL it then.

Good to see you putting something up though.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 26.11.2004, 07:36 AM

D/L 'ing now........

Jeez....How many megs????? 3.8 and still going....sorry, Im just impatient.

Ok.....here we go!

Cool.....Like the intro. Some breakbeat/DnB action is good. Nicely atmospheric. Nice main loop. Kick could have a little more definition, sounds a bit murky/fluffy. Some sample work might be nice...

Nice breakdown, a bit of an old school rave vibe here with that synth, i like it. Building.....building, could have used a slightly more filtered build there for the drums, comes back into the main loop nicely and new melody is cool.

Another breakdown......change, pianos....I see what DS means. It is lacking in form, and seems to change too much. I really like the pianos.

Cool track dude!!!!!!

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 26.11.2004, 07:39 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Dude i love your critic, I can imagine you listening to it and speaking live...Thanx man....what do you mean about filter work on the drums? Ive never filtered drums b4...

peace
Blank