Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > The forum members' music

The forum members' music Here you can post links to your music and listen to and comment other forum members' music.

Old 26.10.2004, 06:43 AM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowcell
seems I'm a version behind again!
You just can keep up mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowcell
Hope you do well with it Jase! When do you get the results?
Thanks! Not sure when the results will be in, hopefully not too long...Will let you all know how I go

Thanks for taking the time to DL & listen.....

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 01.11.2004, 07:47 AM
Administrator

Jasedee kindly provided me the original audio files so that I could make a remaster of that track and this is what I ended up with: http://www.kolumbus.fi/juho.lepisto/Lady_Peroxide_-_Mandy_(remaster).mp3

Sounds ok. Maybe a bit too much reverb though (this was an accident, I should have had to make a dedicated reverb send group tracks).

The main differences to Jasedees mix are distorted bass to bring it up a bit and give clarity (also EQ'ed the upper middle to boost the "trigger" sounds) and I widened vocals and guitars with slight 100% wet chorus on the opposite channel. I tried to boost that snap of the kick with an EQ but is ended up sounding a bit silly.

Edit: By the way I played this mix to few of my friends and they liked the band a lot. Is this band unsigned?
Old 01.11.2004, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juho L
Sounds ok. Maybe a bit too much reverb though (this was an accident, I should have had to make a dedicated reverb send group tracks)
This was going to be my first criticism....

Quote:
The main differences to Jasedees mix are distorted bass to bring it up a bit and give clarity (also EQ'ed the upper middle to boost the "trigger" sounds) and I widened vocals and guitars with slight 100% wet chorus on the opposite channel. I tried to boost that snap of the kick with an EQ but is ended up sounding a bit silly
Bass sounds good! I like it the most out of all the parts. Kick does sound a little silly, but was recorded badly and needs alot of work. I think you could do much much better if you spent a little more time with this track. You have only had the audio parts for a short amount of time. It took me about 5 full days spaced over a month!!!!!! and still I am not quite satisfied

Quote:
Is this band unsigned?
As far as I know they are an unsigned sydney band.....But I agree, they are very good, and they were an absolute pleasure to record. Very professional and commited....no bullshit!

I'd like to see something better Juho, If I were to be honest with you. I think you are capable of much more.

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 01.11.2004, 04:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasedee
I'd like to see something better Juho, If I were to be honest with you. I think you are capable of much more.
Thanks. After few listens I've noticed loads of things that could be fixed. I spent only few hours on this mastering process so it was pretty quick.

Maybe I'll fix this on the week.