Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 23.02.2009, 12:18 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default timescale for OS 3.0 update ? (Marc Maybe)

Let me start by saying im not demanding this should be done now, or kicking and screaming. I know Access have some support and free upgrading skillz that no other company can match.

I have just got me a snow last week, and im really looking forward to being able to route audio into it. I am planning not to buy a soundcard, but use the Snow as the main hub.

I believe 3.0 beta has worked better on normal TI's, and am just hoping the release another beta which works on the "Snow"

Marc if you have any insight that would be great.

If not its not the end of the world, as im sure it WILL come.
Old 23.02.2009, 01:18 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdruxpin View Post
Let me start by saying im not demanding this should be done now, or kicking and screaming. I know Access have some support and free upgrading skillz that no other company can match.

I have just got me a snow last week, and im really looking forward to being able to route audio into it. I am planning not to buy a soundcard, but use the Snow as the main hub.

I believe 3.0 beta has worked better on normal TI's, and am just hoping the release another beta which works on the "Snow"

Marc if you have any insight that would be great.

If not its not the end of the world, as im sure it WILL come.
the next public beta is in the pipeline right now but it will take a couple of days to roll out. did you have any specific problems with the snow and 3.0? we didn't really fix anything snow exclusive so far.

best, marc
Old 23.02.2009, 02:15 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Hi Marc,

This sounds promissing, would be great if we have something new to play with over the weekend. I REALLY like the 3.0, it's soo much beter than the 2.7x interface and the FX are superb.

Sometimes there are gripes, having everything to get to work together (which is often not even an Access issue). But overall I've found tremendous value already in my OS3 upgrade. Can't wait for further updates.

ThnX

Raphie
Old 23.02.2009, 02:30 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Hi Marc,
It's encouraging that the update is in the pipeline.

I'm a Snow user who updated to BEta 3.0 and I was having audio dropouts, stuck notes, and general freezes when switching patterns in Virus Control within Ableton Live 7 (latest version) on my macbook (1.67 ghz 2 gigs ram.)

I also had the same problems when the beta vbersion of 2.7 (I think) was out. Whatever the beta version was that first included Atomizer. Once the updates came out all my problems were basically sorted.

Here's hoping the new update addresses those issues mentioned above. I had to go back to the last offical version of 2.7 in order for the Snow to work properly. No big deal but that new 3.0 GUI as well as the new effects are certainly missed!!

Thanks for the update on the update.
Old 23.02.2009, 02:41 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
the next public beta is in the pipeline right now but it will take a couple of days to roll out. did you have any specific problems with the snow and 3.0? we didn't really fix anything snow exclusive so far.

best, marc
Hello there marc,
in fact i think there are some major issues with os 3.0.0 pb and the snow, i've installed it as soon as i received my brand new snow and i could not live with it, hanging notes, sync problems and patch loading freezes, this happened both on cubase sx3 and c4, i didnt had time to test ablelton live on another DAW.

Switching back to 2.7.3, which was factory installed on my snow, solved all problems, and i can work with it flawlessly for hours without a single glitch on both my laptop and my desktop daw.

There are people i know which runs os3 on regular ti's without any major problem (aside from random sync/pitch problems, very occasional as they said).

I could tell ya at least 2 or 3 factory patches that wont load at all, or loads but hangs the whole thing, if using OS3 with the snow, let me go back home and i'll let you know.

Cheers
Astuni
Old 23.02.2009, 02:48 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post

best, marc

Hi Marc, as stated by other users above. The snow with 3.0 will crash and not output any audio unless it has a cold reboot. So pretty unusable.

THANK YOU for the prompt response Marc ! Access and YOU are bloody legendry.
Old 23.02.2009, 03:35 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Marc-o-tron, the snow was barely useable with OS3.0
I'll give you a cookie, if you mail me the final release.

w00t new OS in a few days.
________
digital vaporizer

Last edited by Splat! : 29.01.2011 at 10:39 AM.
Old 23.02.2009, 04:24 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Great to hear of a new update. I will check the Access page daily in anticipation. I can't wait to read the changelog, here is to hoping some of our suggestions for new features made their way in to the upcoming release!
Old 23.02.2009, 05:41 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

on the ti desktop i have sync problems with OS3. and some knobs don't work at all. i went back to 2.7.5 and everything works fine again.
Old 23.02.2009, 09:29 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdruxpin View Post
Hi Marc, as stated by other users above. The snow with 3.0 will crash and not output any audio unless it has a cold reboot. So pretty unusable.

THANK YOU for the prompt response Marc ! Access and YOU are bloody legendry.
maybe my question wasn't clear. i was asking for things that only happen to the snow. as i said, we found something that could be related to what you state but it is present for the snow and the rest of the TI range.

best, marc