Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 26.01.2009, 07:51 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Can I post troubles I'm having with my Yamaha Motif XS out here?
I spend half my time troubleshooting *sigh*
________
vapolution

Last edited by Splat! : 29.01.2011 at 10:34 AM.
Old 26.01.2009, 09:27 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Motif THIS *BOINNNNNNNGGGG*
Old 15.02.2009, 04:33 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Just installed beta OS 3.0 to try it out and I have to say this release is SCARY.

Before anyone blows up at me, I have already reported these problems to Access support (via their webpage form).

So here's what I spent most of today doing:
After installing the new OS software and firmware I loaded up Cubase (SX 3.1.1), created a new project and inserted an instance of Virus TI under VST Instruments. Virus Control came up saying "Syncing", and hung at the 2nd bar (so about 2% through?). I closed the VC and Cubase, rebooted my PC and tried again. This time, VC loaded up (but didn't sync), and playing notes on my keyboard (set up properly in Cubase to send to the Virus TI plugin as usual) SEEMED to be working - the VST interface was receiving the notes, but no audio. Furthermore, changing patches in VC did not change the patch on the hardware display.

Hmm, "seems to not have a USB connection" I thought... Closed Cubase, unplugged the Virus (with power on), BOOM, Windows (Vista SP1) crashes (BSOD) and reboots within a few seconds -- I didn't even have time to read what the BSOD said.

After the reboot, I load up Cubase and again try to insert an instance of VC, but this time I get the picture of a stethoscope and "Cannot connect to Virus TI..." (or thereabouts) message.

Since then, I've spent 3 hours uninstalling, unplugging/replugging USB, pulling the power cord and replugging holding 'Exit', and trying all number of previous driver versions, completely unable to simply go back to a previous firmware! OS 2.7.5 installed fine, but even with the Virus in OS-update mode I could NOT get the 2.7.5 firmware installed.

FINALLY I have now (somehow?!) managed to get firmware 2.5.1 installing.

What a nightmare of a release!!
Old 15.02.2009, 04:37 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Oh, while we're on the topic of 'the OS3 experience'

I don't like the new "Welcome" screen, and ESPECIALLY how the LCD sloooowly fades in and out when turning the Virus on/off with OS3.
Bring back the old "VIRUS | TI" with status bar, loading screen of previous OS's, coupled with the instant LCD on/off behavior
Old 15.02.2009, 07:40 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Ok, here is my OS3 experience:

love the new interface and layout
love the abillity for 3out 1in over USB
BUT IT DOES NOT WORK

I have no sound issues, but my VSTi window does not show, or redraws the control plugin correctly. When i drag another window over it it redraws, or looks garbled. this behaviour starts when multipe plugs are loaded and starts happening after loading 3 or more instances of Tone2 Gladiator2 (at least unloading them sorted the issue

It seems that the plugin realtime updating window eats away CPU time and starts behaving weird in dense projects.

And nothing is more frustrating than working on a project coming at a stage where the control window suddenly does not work anymore.
Old 15.02.2009, 01:48 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Default OS3 Drama

Im having multiple problems with OS3 as well. Sometimes the volume turns down automaticly, I keep getting sync errors in the vc info window asking me to stop and replay and every now and then the pitch will move as if i were to toggle the pitch wheel. Im glad Im not doing live music at the moment.I know its beta but when do we get our bug fixes?
Old 15.02.2009, 09:25 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Make sure you log detailed bug reports with Access support guys or else no one will ever get bug fixes

Of course, the ideal scenario is if you can figure out how to repeat the bugs and describe this to them I guess.
Old 16.02.2009, 02:36 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by incubatid View Post
I don't like the new "Welcome" screen(...)
Bring back the old "VIRUS | TI" with status bar, loading screen(....)
I concur. The welcome screen looks like some graphics I cooked up on my old Commodore 64, but without full color.

I really do favor the new "Snow" looking graphics on the Virus TI interface, though, EXCEPT the harsh contrast of the sound file browser! Don't get me wrong, the previous black, grey, and red color format was terrible, unless maybe you were on a navy seal recon mission and needed something to match your night vision gear. So this is still an improvement, but... please, let's get a smooth anti-aliased font that is more R-E-A-D-A-B-L-E and/or a less-harsh color format.

Let's get over the technoier-than-thou look and get something that interfaces with normal human eyes. My R2 unit is too busy fixing my X-Wing fighter to help me interpret my Virus sound names right now.

I think the contrast wouldn't be an issue if the font itself were more pleasing to the eye. Hey Access, Geordi LaForge called and you broke his VISOR trying to read the file browser.

(Like I'm the only Sci-Fi fan that owns a Virus... yeah, right.)
Old 20.02.2009, 08:52 PM
Infektion taking hold...

I'm using it purely as a standalone midi synth. Mostly it just works but I still get the occasional soft-crash. It starts glitching and sputtering and nothing but a reboot will bring it back.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to come up with a reproducible way of triggering this.
Old 25.02.2009, 01:53 PM
New here
New here

I tried beta 3.0 for a few weeks and now I've been scared off and am going back to os that is stable. I logged all this with access.....but interestd to know if anyone else has similar issues......maybe you havent noticed these ones yet?

(i got ti desktop, with live 6)

-this one really bad........ti hardware banks thinks its in bank A.....when really its in bank C??!!?? I have bank / program messages sent from Live6 within each midi clip ( as per normal ) Ti parts 1,4,6 doing this. eg) Ti hardware bank A shows patch 'snuff' at position '73'. This is not correct. The REAL bank A patch 73 is still there.......and can be accessed through scrolling thru banks with buttons on hardware. Patch 'snuff' actually lives in bank C 73 and should be laoded when my Live midi clip sends 'bank #3/program #74'
This happens on lots of midi clips and on parts mentioned.

-When scrolling thru patches on ti hardware with +/- buttons......the patch names flash for just a second the wrong patch name.......(probably related to above?) When in bank C, it was showing breifly patch names from bank A.

-The 'saved' value of most knobs is incorrect on the hardware. This happens to lots of patches and happens randonmly on all parts. eg) cutoff filter 1 saved at '54' but hardware thinks it is '22'. V.C shows correct values though.....
THis means the special light on harwdware that shows saved position doesnt work.

-I used to have 1 gb of ram in my asus notebook....until i ran 3.0........the new look software chewed up all my ram and basically crashed live. This didnt happen with 2.7.2 or previous os. I went and bought more ram.....now i have 2 gb and the problem was no more. This only happened in an ableton set that contains lots of sapmles.....but still

I'm sorry this is as far as I got!.........no more beta for me!