Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 04.04.2008, 07:54 PM
New here
New here

I get what your saying....
and to be honest, I could live with the fact of say, managing all the
parts in one instance...in my trial with it, I could imagine myself getting
around that...but what really proved to be a bitch was the automation...
and funnily enough thats just what you said...
Exactly in the sense of having loads of automation in 1 channel is crazy...
wouldnt keep up with it, even 2 parts would already be confusing, let
alone 10, or 16....and i do a lot of automation...

im not surprised about the sound gratification you got, only because its really
the same as the Virus C, apart from wavetable and other bits, it
all works the same...and yes, its bloody great...
Old 04.04.2008, 11:16 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

I am willing to put my head on the block and state that no hardware synth connected by usb or firewire for audio back to the host will be able to run more than one instance. The single instance has to think it owns the entire usb/firewire bus of the synth. We are controlling a single hardware box from inside a host, nothing more. If you want to run 20 instances of Vanguard in a host, its an entirely different setup to a single TI connected via usb.

I suggest you ignore my signature with this post
B
Old 02.09.2008, 10:07 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

How about a Waldorf Microwave for your mistress? It makes a great TI companion. They play real nice together.
Old 03.09.2008, 05:46 AM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

just press <Single> and <Multi> buttons at once to switch into sequencer mode and then make 16 midi channels
in the sequencer and assign numbers from 1 to 16 to that channels ... and of course virus control as midi-out device.
Old 03.09.2008, 10:48 AM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by keytar View Post
the fact that you need to open up MIDI tracks and route their outputs to trigger the 16 parts/instances of the vst plugin means, those are just MIDI tracks, and you don't have VST control over it....that almost goes against the point of this whole TI thing for me...
You open a midi track , set it to virus ti and then choose the midi channel number. Once in virus control you can select up to 3 usb outs or 3 analogue outs.
Your 3 usb outs can get vst automation just like any other vst synth and depending on your DAW software and soundcard, you can also route the analogue outs to VSTs.

Quote:
in fact, trying to do automations for clips for different tracks and always having to go back to the one instance of it was really doing my head in....it's easier even to do it with my indigo 2...
You are recording a single synth part as audio then ? What is to stop you doing that and keeping a muted midi channel of the parts just incase you need to tweek the sound.

Quote:
The first instance of it works the way it should, when you do automations,
you are tweaking the controls as VST parameters, not as MIDI CC....
the first 3 instances of it work the way you think it should. You can assign any amount of vst effects to 3 stereo usb virus channels. I do wish I had a choice to decide if I wanted 3x stereo or 6x mono channels.... But thats another topic.

Quote:
Wouldnt it just make more sense for it to work like any VST synth instance?
You dont open up Vanguard, and then separate midi tracks that control
all the instances of Vanguard should you need multiple ones...
Vanguard is a soft synth , the virus is a hardware synth. Hardware synths usually have to be controlled via midi and recorded via analogue outs recorded through a soundcard into your pc. The virus somewhat bridges that gap and gives you a choice on which way you would like to use it.

Quote:
Why wouldnt this be possible anyways? If you have a TC powercore,
different plugins can be placed in different tracks without a problem...
so why the TI? oh why....

Any wise words from anyone?
Powercore is either firewire or PCI while the virus is USB v1. Alot more data can be passed through a pci or firewire port than through a usb v1 port.
Also the virus powercore is a cut down virus B/indigo/classic and can't do alot of the Ti sounds.

Maybe the answer is simple.. The Ti just isn't for you.
Old 03.09.2008, 11:58 AM
New here
New here

Smile multi parts with vst

Hello To everyone
I was reading all and you talk about 16 different lines but i must say that in fact you can't use all in one time
I explain i never put more than 5 or 6 sound in one time because the Virus can't stand more
After you are loosing some sound
To precise i'm talking about sounds with 3 voices and some effects if you put all the voices off maybe you can but for my part i'm working every parts so every soud is taking from 3 bars to 5 on the screen
Let me know about yours
See u
Raf
Old 03.09.2008, 11:44 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

I think that polyphony cannot be generalized as such. I run my Virus TI OS 2.7 with up to 12 parts, all functioning beautifully. Each sound is has EQ, and very little unison... so maybe that accounts for something.
Old 06.09.2008, 05:15 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Just use 3x USB, you will then have 3 instrument tracks to divide your 16 parts on to. And each instrument track can have it's own VST efects loaded
Old 10.01.2011, 08:20 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

I am confused how can you use the 3 X USB in multi mode when there is only one USB connector?
Old 11.01.2011, 11:55 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Quote:
I am confused how can you use the 3 X USB in multi mode when there is only one USB connector?
Depends on your DAW. In Ableton for example, it's easiest to simply add an 'External Instrument' for every additional track you need beyond the first, then route the MIDI and Audio and you're set.