Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > Off topic

Off topic An off topic playground. If your post doesn't seem to fit on the other areas, it surely will fit here.

Old 15.11.2022, 07:20 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Cancel emergency... Timo is here and the website continues!

I fear the worst for @Timo. Did a little more looking, beyond just this site, found a couple other accounts that appear to be him but are also inactive. Based on this along with his prior posts indicating health issues and noting that he funded the site through "September 2022", we may be soon facing a disappearance of this forum.

With this in mind, I'm going on an 'emergency mission' to try and save as much of this data as possible. I'm also going to put up a new topic in at least one of the main forum sections in hopes that it reaches as many people as possible before the expected loss of the site.

Not quite sure what exactly I'm going to do next, but I'm going to try to do something.

@Timo, I hope my theory is incorrect and you are well.

If there is anyway we can get access to the forum database, I can attempt a transfer to a new operational forum, otherwise I'm going to scrape what I can and try to re-establish.

YES, I do realize there is an "official Access" forum, but at this point it is likewise an orphaned forum with no obvious interaction from mods. If I can get something archived and available, I'll certainly post info there so it can be more easily found.

Last edited by blairwillis : 18.11.2022 at 02:36 PM.
Old 17.11.2022, 10:39 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Apologies for my absence. Don't worry I have not left the planet, but thanks for your concern. In Sept. I did indeed fund the forum for another 12 months in the tiny flicker of hope that Access address the Virus crowd given the hardware synth resurgence.

A few days after the initial thread post I had a lens transplant in one eye which, although it allows you to see long distance, it kills your ability to focus up close, and had to wait months to wait for the lens to settle down and then get glasses to correct it to be able to read anything. Unfortunately I still need to have further laser correction, and then go through the same thing again with the other eye. Pretty much unheard of to have double cataracts at the age of 43! Also expensive stuff, as the NHS is otherwise ƒúx3d.

Been also struggling massively with my health, neurological/physical stuff, which although non-critical is ongoing and tough to resolve, it's left me knackered a lot of the time, especially with the medication that goes with it.

Using computers considerably less as a consequence, and separately have often been away from home without internet the last year, hence when I can I tend to log on and clear the logjam of Russian spambots attempting to register, of which there have been thousands, and keep it at least functional and totally spam-free.

My passion for the Virus despite crappy health remains undimmed, hence keeping this place up. I still play and enjoy music when possible but sadly using less Virus at the moment as my Indigo is requiring PCB repair (is currently unusable) and my only keyboard is a Korg synth, so using that to control my TI-Snow which, having just 6 knobs and a thousand menus, is less intuitive for standalone hardware usage so I tend to end up using the Korg standalone moreso. Hope to get around to doing the Indigo PCB repair soon.

I'm absolutely open to bringing on a vice-admin if you're techy and see what we can do with the resource. As mentioned, surgery has left me skint, so I'm limited to increased funding this end (I'm currently out of work).

Will post more soon. Got a stinker of a cold at the mo.
Thanks again
Old 18.11.2022, 02:28 PM
Very mucho Newbie

So glad to hear you are still with us, Timo! Sounds like you've been through a lot. My father (in his 70s) has been dealing with cataracts and I can't even imagine what it's like going through this in your early 40s.

I will reach out via PM and we can chat more about the site. Thanks for checking in with us.
Old 23.03.2023, 11:48 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

@Timo: All the best I wish you. Life sometimes goes crazy and everything can only hopefully go better again.

Super that you keep the forum alive. As I mentioned before, there are many suggested solutions here for people who have issues with their viruses or still get. Also, infekted.org is always a treasure trove, even if there isn't much new input.

keep a stiff upper lip..

best, rio
Old 09.04.2023, 11:14 PM
Complete Newbie

If the forum ist closed however, i would advise to at least save the pages on a free hosting services as an archive.