Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 21.04.2009, 06:27 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default Did you Own a Snow and Sell it?

Just curious as to how many people bought the snow and then got rid of it due to the menu diving and such? obviously its not the sound that most people have problems with more the lack of knobs?
Old 21.04.2009, 07:26 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehunter View Post
Just curious as to how many people bought the snow and then got rid of it due to the menu diving and such? obviously its not the sound that most people have problems with more the lack of knobs?
Yes my mine lasted 2 weeks before i returned it and them went for the Polar, a very fustrating module with far too many Knob compromises to justify it in the studio.
Old 21.04.2009, 08:49 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
I can see why it would be a bad thing for some people, but I'm using it exclusively with Virus Control through my Mac and I never touch the controls on the Snow itself. For use in performance, I set up what controls I need on the soft knobs and it's usually enough.
Old 21.04.2009, 08:56 PM
New here
New here

Didn't own a snow but was up in the air between it & the desktop. From looking at other forums & reviews, quite a few people sent back the snow for the desktop. Some of it was knobs but also inputs, outputs, & lack of power compared to the desktop. I'll let you know how it goes for me. I'm getting my desktop this week.
Old 21.04.2009, 09:14 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Im thinking about selling the desktop and getting a polar if thats relavent not for any other reason really than "Looks".
Old 21.04.2009, 09:39 PM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

Had a Snow in use for a couple of months....but i wanted more in the form of knobs and options and found this in my newly aqcuired TI Desktop.

Could sell the Snow for a very good price though.
Old 21.04.2009, 11:39 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime NL View Post
Had a Snow in use for a couple of months....but i wanted more in the form of knobs and options and found this in my newly aqcuired TI Desktop.

Could sell the Snow for a very good price though.
I have had it for about a week and I am ok with the lack of knobs, but I am wondering if at a point it will bother me. I don't have or want to spend more $$ so wondering if I should just keep the snow
Old 22.04.2009, 12:45 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
I have had it for about a week and I am ok with the lack of knobs, but I am wondering if at a point it will bother me. I don't have or want to spend more $$ so wondering if I should just keep the snow
I have a Polar and got a Snow too! Snow for my house and traveling, and the Polar for my studio.

It might just be mental, but I feel like I make cooler, more focused patches on the Snow. When I am working on the Polar, I jump all over the place with the knobs, because I can, but there is more intent with the Snow when I make a parameter adjustment or patch something.
Old 22.04.2009, 07:16 AM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago View Post
I have a Polar and got a Snow too! Snow for my house and traveling, and the Polar for my studio.

It might just be mental, but I feel like I make cooler, more focused patches on the Snow. When I am working on the Polar, I jump all over the place with the knobs, because I can, but there is more intent with the Snow when I make a parameter adjustment or patch something.
It seems that for me it is the other way around....because the Snow works with alot of sub-menus i feel i sometimes miss out of some tweak here or there that would give the right sound to my patch.

With the Desktop i have a full overview of all my possibilities and know exactly what i can tweak to get there.

But still...my way of working or your way doesn't make any difference in the end...
Old 22.04.2009, 03:05 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime NL View Post
It seems that for me it is the other way around....because the Snow works with alot of sub-menus i feel i sometimes miss out of some tweak here or there that would give the right sound to my patch.

With the Desktop i have a full overview of all my possibilities and know exactly what i can tweak to get there.

But still...my way of working or your way doesn't make any difference in the end...

That's the problem i have right now, the speed to get to a filter/effect or anything is delayed due to the menu diving. Grant it I don't play out live but still.

I thought about it more, and it comes down to I am not willing to spend the $$ on a desktop and I want the virus sound so this is what I will have to deal with

As many times as I get frustrated with this thing, you just hear the sound and it makes it all go away