Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > Off topic

Off topic An off topic playground. If your post doesn't seem to fit on the other areas, it surely will fit here.

Old 30.03.2007, 08:55 AM
This forum member lives here

Default Back Home!

Well... the whirlwind trip to The USA has come to an end!

Keep an eye out later on this year for a brand new show on Discovery Channel called "Cool Stuff: How it Works"

Im back in Sydney now for about a month, before heading off to The States again in late April. I'll be working on another new Discovery Channel show, and will be living out of San Francisco for a month. Should be wild!

Anyways, where are all youse cunts? Things been quiet here for a while.

Alex: How was your dance festival? Did you get naked and use glowstix?

Matsa: You're a cunt

303: Hows life with kids treating you?

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 30.03.2007, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to 3o3

Life here's been acctually quite.. rough-ish the last few weeks!

If everything goes horrible wrong, we're out on the streets with no other apartment to move to.. The apartment we wanted to buy ended up for almost 2 million SEK (which was way over our heads..).

We noticed a small dark spot in our bathroom so I decided to call the landlord. As it turns out there is an massive waterdamage in the bathroom due to incredible bad building materials (which we have nothing to do with as it hasn't been repaired or altered in anyway since it was built in 1983).

So to fix that would cost a couple of X00.000:- SEK as the waterdamage goes from the bathroom into the livingroom, hall, kitchen and two bedrooms. They think it's our fault that we didn't notice it earlier but I mean.. come on! The spot was 1*1cm behind the bloody toilet and I just noticed it as I was cleaning the whole room from roof to floor!

But I've gotten hold of another person in that company that acctually says that they have "insurance" for just this type of damage and we're automatically insured as we rent from them.. but (there is always an but..) as my friends apartment recently burnt to the ground they've already spent this year's budget on fixing that apartment it could mean big big problems for us..

I refuse to pay those bloody damages, when they built this place.. If they've just used better materials and this would never have occured!

I called a friend that works with these types of damages and he just laughed when he saw the place as nothing is "standard"; which means that the carpet they used isn't supposed to be used in these types of areas, the walls hasn't got any type of protection against water whatsoever and so on..

We also noticed that the crack in the ceiling that goes from the hallway into the bathroom and in the the next bedroom has become abit larger! So that feels pretty safe aswell as we live on the bottomfloor and just has a couple of tons of bricks over our heads! Another friend that acctually was hired to build these houses said; In ten years.. the foundation is probably going to need massive repairs as we were told to use the cheapest materials around and there is no way in hell that they will say anything!

So I haven't been that active since I've been fighting the "company" pretty much everyday! But as I said, i gotten hold of a really nice guy at the company that said that he would do everything he could (he's one of the 'bigger' guys in that company) to fix this without us paying 1:- SEK and we'd still keep the contract.. If they fuck this up, I'll be sure to contact media! They love these kinds of stories! Yay!

Otherwise; Nova is great! She walks, runs, talks (Mom, Dad, Cat, Look, There, Here and a couple of unindentified words that we're trying to figure out), she wakes me up every morning by either pulling and chewing on my toes or kisses me and tickles me.. She's become quite shy acctually but still likes new people and it takes us about ~20-30 minutes to get to the store, which usually takes 1-2 minutes before Nova became intrested in everything and everyone..

http://www.block44.se/3o3/nova_och_elias.jpg - Nova and Elias playing outside infront of our apartment.

http://www.block44.se/3o3/nova_malar.jpg - Nova loves to paint and this is usually how it looks after a minute or two!

Ausa is fine aswell, she's been superbusy with preparing her for school and such.. She quite nervous about school and what is going to happen to us the next following months (as I am aswell) as it's time to make up our minds about daycare for Nova and so on but if we don't live in this area no more we'd have to send in new applications for Nova and it takes about ~8 months to get an answer if she get's a place.. isch isch!

I feel fine aswell but this whole deal with the apartment has given me gastric catarrh again as I stress really much during the days as if it would go down the drain.. Sure we could always move to Ausa's parents place and get our own little house (they got an guesthouse) which is _really_ _really_ small and we'd have to get into the house to shower/drink water and so on.. But we rather not do that!

I've been working really hard on my tattooartist homepage and I've gotten abit on the way for my sleeve but still just lines and no color is tattooed yet.. and as I had gastric catarrh I haven't been able to tattoo anything lately as my stomach hurts so bloody much I can't almost lay down without it feels like someone is stabbing a bloody knife in that area.

You've seemed to have a blast in the U.S mate! Great stuff indeed.. I love that show, they usually show it on Discovery Science here in Sweden. Hopefully I'll catch them shows you were involved with!

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/

Last edited by 3o3 : 30.03.2007 at 10:43 AM.
Old 30.03.2007, 11:30 AM

Yay, you two! Hi boys.

Jase. Thanks for that. Happy Easter to you too.

Sebs. It's a rental, ffs. It's not your liability, surely?? Get on to Citizen's Advice, mate. Even a lawyer. Seriously, it sounds like you should sue them and claim back all the rent you've been paying them. You've been contractually lied to and you've been living in a dangerous place. There's probably all sorts of mould growing there in the bathroom.

Life's good here. Me and Alex are going to be famous on Finnish TV. Oh yes! Wait and see..
Old 30.03.2007, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator

Aye, it's a rental place but however they are protected by their contract we signed as it states that these types of damages is usually covered by those that lives in the apartment.

Well, as I wrote earlier the other guy I got hold of is really great! He called me just 10 minutes after I posted that message and he said that he gotten hold of another guy that works with insurance blaha-something something and they would check how they could get the money and he said it was like an 95% chance of us keeping the apartment.

Feels great indeed and we're not gonna pay for any damage.. even those we acctually done (as it's "illegal" to put up paintings and stuff)

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 30.03.2007, 12:54 PM

Good luck mate
Old 01.04.2007, 08:53 AM

Crikey Seb!

Hope it works out mate... Im yet to experience the joys of renting.

Matsa: Happy Easter mate! How are the wee ones?

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 01.04.2007, 10:03 PM
Super Moderator

Aye, it will work out. No worries mate! No rental? Own a house?

Old 02.04.2007, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3o3 View Post
Aye, it will work out. No worries mate! No rental? Own a house?
HAHAHAHA.... I wish!

Living with family. Im yet to fly out of the nest... Im afraid after all these years abusing my body with chemicals my wings dont work very well.

Good news is I just got a raise at work, so Im on my way to getting my own place, but it seems like I'll be spending most of my time overseas, so paying rent for an apartment in Sydney doesnt seem like a good move at the moment

Old 02.04.2007, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator

Oh, I see! Them wings will work just fine.

Yeah, why rent now when you spend so much time everywhere else than in Sydney? (lucky bastard hehe).