Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 22.10.2008, 07:47 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Default Virus TI Polar LED Problem.........

Does anyone else besides me have a LED pulsing problem on there Virus TI Polar? The un-used LED's that are not used in the patch are pulsing slightly at a low glow when my room lights are at a dim..........NOT THE LFO's, but some of the other LED's...............this is noticed when under low light situations and when you are directly over the synth..........these change with the patch as well..........different ones do it with different patches..........Is this normal?????????????????????????????
Old 28.10.2008, 05:52 AM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

This just started happening to my TI Desktop.

Wonder if it has anything to do with 2.7.3 update?

Specifically it will happen to the Transpose +2 LED and a combination of Effects LEDs.
Old 28.10.2008, 10:29 PM
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
This just started happening to my TI Desktop.

Wonder if it has anything to do with 2.7.3 update?

Specifically it will happen to the Transpose +2 LED and a combination of Effects LEDs.

The OS that My Polar came with was a Sept. 2007 build, dont remember the correct numbers, but the LED's seemed to be ok until I updated to the new 2.7.3 update.....................I am hoping that it is a bug, but I have talked to one of the support guys and he tried to convience me that 2 of his support guys including himself has the same issue and its just that, and it will do that..........but I seem to differ.........LED's work when you want them and not when you want them too...............maybe the support guys just havent yet figured out how to fix it yet................................for $3000.00 I love my Synth, but the LED problem is a little distracting in low lighting and for stage..................PLEASE HELP ACCESS....................lol
Old 29.10.2008, 01:53 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

I had a look at my new Polar last night.
I see what you mean.
I wonder if the light you see on the LEDs which are not meant to be flashing is coming from the other flashing LEDs, but from under the Polar's outer casing ??
Old 29.10.2008, 04:34 PM
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by synthfiend View Post
I had a look at my new Polar last night.
I see what you mean.
I wonder if the light you see on the LEDs which are not meant to be flashing is coming from the other flashing LEDs, but from under the Polar's outer casing ??

I dont think its from the other LED's, but could be wrong...........I did notice that it started when I updated to the new OS 2.7.3.............This is what I would like to know though, does every Polar do this................hmmmmmmm
Old 30.10.2008, 02:04 AM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

(Keeping in mind I've got a Desktop) I'm just glad other people started seeing this with 2.7.3 which implies it's a fixable software/firmware issue and not a problem with the hardware circuits.
Old 03.11.2008, 03:45 PM
Am starting to like this forum

This also happens on my TI keyboard. It appears to be the leds for the effects section - all of them. I am running 2.7.3.
Old 03.11.2008, 04:31 PM
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrooveNinja View Post
This also happens on my TI keyboard. It appears to be the leds for the effects section - all of them. I am running 2.7.3.

I have a TI Polar built in Sept. 2007 and it this LED "light show" is happening more in the "MODULATORS" section and some in the "EFFECTS" section and just a lil in the "TRANSPOSE" section too...............this changes with patches too in these areas..........different ones pulse or glow lightly on different parameters when you change patches..............but what is also weird, is that it really didn't do it until the new OS upgrade..............
Old 03.11.2008, 06:51 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dot Matrix View Post
I have a TI Polar built in Sept. 2007 and it this LED "light show" is happening more in the "MODULATORS" section and some in the "EFFECTS" section and just a lil in the "TRANSPOSE" section too...............this changes with patches too in these areas..........different ones pulse or glow lightly on different parameters when you change patches..............but what is also weird, is that it really didn't do it until the new OS upgrade..............
That may very well be the case with mine, too. I was using only one patch when I tested it. It seems that the unused leds glow at half-brightness. It really is kind of annoying, and I don't like it when my beloved Virus annoys me! A good synth should be heard and not seen...
Old 24.11.2008, 08:31 PM
Newborn
Newborn

My Polar has OS 2.5.1.02 and it has the flickering LED issue. The most notable culprit is the +2 transpose LED, which is always flickering. Other LEDs stop flickering when I change patches. I went to Guitar Center and a TI keyboard w/ red LEDs didn't have any flickering LEDs. Could it be something with the white LEDs?