Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 22.04.2009, 12:57 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to Engel
Unhappy Virus TI Snow slow at startup & crushing spontaneous in Cubase 5

I wrote about my problems here and here.
marc said I need to create thread.

So, there is a detailed description of my problem.

I have installed new windows on my computer (the "slow-at-startup" problem was on WinXP SP3, new installed OS was Vista). There was everything ok and no problems...
4 days pass and I've got absolutely the same problem: virus control needs about 2 - 3 (sometimes more!) minutes to start!
I'd not install any software or plug any hardware until I catched this problem. It means that I didn't change anything in system configuration.

When I run Virus Control Center it is loading very fast and I see my Virus in the list, but when I press "OK" and "Talking to virus..." menu appears, status line of that menu is not filling up, so, as when I'm loading Virus TI Snow VSTi in Cubase, I need to wait 2 - 3 minutes until it will finish that "Talking to virus" and I can update OS or burn patches to flashrom etc.

Yesterday I'd reinstalled again and again virus drivers & software and seen something strange: http://www.haloedghost.com/pics/2009...ti_install.jpg
I have only one virus ti snow, but there is two "virus TI snow" drivers in my system: first was installed and working and another one for unknown reason can't "see" the driver.

When Virus VSTi crushes in Cubase (error message appears) and I save my project, exit from Cubase and start it again, loading saved project I can not use Virus VSTi, because I see virus vsti in my vst rack (in Cubase), but when trying to view its (virus control vsti) window, it does not show me any information, its just "empty" window.
I've made the screenshot of that "empty" window: http://www.haloedghost.com/pics/2009...l_unuseble.JPG

Here is a part of my Cubase.log file (I think it is not reasonable to upload full version of my cubase log, because virus crashes too often and now it's more than 50 MB...): http://www.haloedghost.com/pics/2009.../cubaselog.txt

Maybe crush problems caused by patches for discounted virus products (I stored that patches to the same directory where virus control software stored patches for Virus OS 3).

I have contacted access support, but at this moment they don't know how to fix it.

My RAM can not be "defected", because I haven't ANY problems with another hardware and software. I passed some RAM test and there was no something strange in test results.

I tried to install every virus OS released after version 3.0.0. And in every OS version there was the same problems.

Please, help me to fix this problem.

Thank you.

Last edited by Engel : 22.04.2009 at 01:14 PM.
Old 23.04.2009, 09:16 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to Engel

Woohooo!!! My problem was solved!
To fix it was too simple but I never would believe that all these bugs caused by additional virus patches stored at default folder!
I removed them to another location and my virus is working without any problem!

I was not not told that additional patches stored in its default folder may cause problems like that, and I wasn't received this information from access support.
Hm. Maybe I wasn't got this info from e-mail received from support because my english isn't perfect...
Old 23.04.2009, 12:40 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Thank God I don't use Windows. I use a Crapintosh, but seems like us users don't have many driver related issues.
That's my 2 cents anyway
Old 23.04.2009, 02:03 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Or configuration options :P

-Annikk
Old 23.04.2009, 03:47 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engel View Post
Woohooo!!! My problem was solved!
To fix it was too simple but I never would believe that all these bugs caused by additional virus patches stored at default folder!
I removed them to another location and my virus is working without any problem!

I was not not told that additional patches stored in its default folder may cause problems like that, and I wasn't received this information from access support.
Hm. Maybe I wasn't got this info from e-mail received from support because my english isn't perfect...
if you want us to check why it happened, send the patch folder to access support so we can replicate the problem.

thanks, marc