Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 02.10.2005, 10:03 PM
New here
New here

Default Microkontrol and virus?

i just bought a korg microkontrol keyboard yesterday and currently have an access virus b. Should i return the korg, sell the virus and get the ti...? I like small keys, less gear and an uncluttered desktop. I'm also getting into reason and have used acid in the past... Will the ti give me any control of programs like reason? also i'm having a hard time getting my microkontrol to even trigger midi to my virus... I'm trying to edit the scenes but have had no luck yet...

thanks in advance for the help as I'm just getting back into this stuff

craig
Old 02.10.2005, 10:28 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

one of the things I like about my Korg Kontrol 49 (very similar to your microcontrol) is the sliders. They are especially useful when manipulating parameters in reason. You can certainly use the knobs of the TI, but I just like using sliders to control sliders. What kind of problems are you having with the scenes?
Old 05.10.2005, 11:48 AM
New here
New here

Default More updates

The one thing I have somewhat liked so far about the microkontrol is that as you switch rack modules in reason it automatically switches parameters for the most part.

The main problem is that I can't see, to get any sort of a midi signal by connecting the out of the microkontrol to the in of the virus. It's almost as if the preset scnenes are getting in the way. They have this librarian software that allows editing of scenes but I can't seem to get it to work.

I know this is a bit vague but midi has almost confused me a bit and I'm trying to learn as I go. Is there a "virus scene file" out there somewhere perhaps that already has the parameters set up?

The thing that puzzles me the most is that I'm getting absolutely no single even from the keys.

After hearing the quality of some of the reason patches I'm even toying with the idea of going totally softsynth. I wonder if there's a way to do arpeggiators in reason though.

My Access Virus is on 4.5.1. Should I update this???

Thanks everyone for your help!
Craig