Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 26.03.2009, 03:56 PM
New here
New here

Default [Solved...ish] "Scanning for Virus TI"

Hey,

Picked up a Virus TI2 Keyboard today - did as the bits of card instruct and downloaded OS3 from the website.

Upon installing, I do the usual USB dance and then the installer stops dead on the step "Scanning for Virus TI"... I assume this is where it messes around with your Virus firmware.

I've waited quite some time for it to find the Virus connected via USB, but nothing happens.

Am I missing something or am I lucky enough to get a new kind of error?

If I cancel the installer at that point and open my DAW to start the VST, it states that the Virus is in use by another process, in which case I'd assume it means the stuck installer.

FYI, System is operating under 32 Bit Windows Vista Home Premium.

Last edited by FlyHawaii : 28.03.2009 at 11:14 AM.
Old 26.03.2009, 04:56 PM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

Turn off everything....turn on computer....turn on Virus....startup Virus Control Centre....update Virus.
Old 26.03.2009, 05:02 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime NL View Post
Turn off everything....turn on computer....turn on Virus....startup Virus Control Centre....update Virus.
I've tried a total do-over, upon opening the Control Centre it sits there searching for the TI (which is connected) but it'll never find it. Odd, since the USB Drivers went through fine during the initial parts of the OS3 Install.
Old 26.03.2009, 05:02 PM
New here
New here

My bad, double post.
Old 26.03.2009, 07:15 PM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

Please follow this link....maybe this will help you out... : http://www.infekted.org/virus/showpo...72&postcount=3

Or do the following :
Disconnect your TI completely. All cables out.
Then let it sit off for a few minutes, then reconnect the power cable while holding down the EDIT button in the Arp section.
Once the little lights blink, release and it will boot up. Then try it again
Old 26.03.2009, 07:49 PM
New here
New here

Okay, small update - I've tried the Virus Reset (Hold ARP Edit, wait 10 secs) and its not that, So i took the Virus to a different machine and plugged it all in - installed OS3. Virus connected up fine, ran it through Ableton 6 to check, VST and audio sends functioning fine.

So this is definately a machine issue, I'm going to bust into my PC and see what the crack is.
Old 26.03.2009, 09:50 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

It VISTA!!!!!!! and thats why I hate Vista, it fights me every step of the way. I had the same problem and had to dig deep and get rid of all access drivers install repeat untill magicly it worked but i spent many hours dealing with it so I know the frustration but it will work.
Old 26.03.2009, 10:25 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortBus View Post
It VISTA!!!!!!! and thats why I hate Vista, it fights me every step of the way. I had the same problem and had to dig deep and get rid of all access drivers install repeat untill magicly it worked but i spent many hours dealing with it so I know the frustration but it will work.
No doubt. It seems that when its doing the USB Dance (Connect, Disconnect, Connect) on the 2nd Connect it actually fails to reconnect. Vista makes that annoying sound meaning "Device unable to Connect"... God knows whats causing that. I've tried messing with USB settings in BIOS and all sorts. No go so far.

Waiting for Access to come back to me to perhaps hook me up with a few magic tips.
Old 27.03.2009, 10:12 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Go into remove drivers in control panel and remove every ti driver and repeat and reinstall.
Old 27.03.2009, 11:25 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortBus View Post
Go into remove drivers in control panel and remove every ti driver and repeat and reinstall.
Yeah, done this countless times - Removed the driver in the registry, removed the Core USB drivers from windows and restarted the system to force a USB refresh, removed ALL other USB peripherals from the system (including a wireless adaptor that was bolted to the motherboard, not anymore!)

Heres the break though -

I tried starting up the system with the Virus connected upon start-up. For some reason this actually stops my USB keyboard from working, So I unplugged my (typing) keyboard for the experiment.

Once Vista had booted, I told the virus USB driver to reinstall. It did this fine. Intrigued, I started VirusControl where the TI was detected without issues, I managed to get VC to talk to the TI and all looked promising. I was actually getting somewhere! ...Sort of.

As an acid test I opened Ableton and attempted to load the OS3 VST. No go, said the virus was still in use by VC (despite VC now being closed). I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the TI - at which point Vista would no longer detect the Virus, and the USB info in Device Manager reported the typical "Code 10" error. (Device cannot start)

Crap. So it spoke to the PC in VC, but then failed upon trying the VST. Mkaaaay... Probably because the initial installation of OS3 technically still had failed what with it being unable to find the TI upon installation.

The story continues though.. (Arent PCs FUN!...)

Upon reconnecting my USB Keyboard - I recieve an error stating "USB Bandwidth Exceeded" - turns out the Virus TI wants 57% of the USB bandwidth, which sounds about right. But the system reserves 20%, Keyboard wants 16%, Mouse uses 7% and theres another (apparently internal) device using 4%. I'm exceeding the USB bandwidth on this PC... Hooray.

(And this PC is new, its not old shat. Dual Core AMD, 8800 GTX, Corsair Dominator DDR2 ram, all that crap. Its about 2 years old)

Now, heres where i think the TI is going wrong in my Vista install.

Install goes fine, I plug in the Virus - first part of USB install goes fine. Unplug, plug it back in - going over USB Bandwidth.

Virus OS3 then tries to find the Virus TI which isn't being detected now as I'm over the USB Bandwidth! Oh happy day!

A quick Google on the Bandwidth issue suggests that Vista is infact a steaming pile of detritus and that I should purchase a PCI USB Controller Card to add an additional 3 ports and another USB controller onto my system.

Now, I have no idea why this NEWER machine has issues here, but my old XP machine has absolutely no USB Bandwidth issues whatsoever. The only USB devices I have connected, other than the TI - are a keyboard and mouse. Not really heavy stuff.

Next step for me is to shell out £10 on a USB PCI Card and see if dedicating an entire USB card to the TI is enough to help it along the install. If this doesn't work, its back to the PC component store to drop even more money on another harddrive and a copy of XP and get into Dual Booting.

Another key problem during the install is that Vista tries to cockblock the TI installer. Throughout the installation of OS3 its screwing around in the background flashing up driver install prompts and it actually looks like its trying to install the TI AGAIN underneath the OS3 installation program.

Vista really is a pathetic OS when it comes to USB - my Korg KP3's USB software was also violated by Vista - upon loading a sample into the KP3 via the software, Vista just decided that the software had "stopped responding" despite the fact it was working fine!

Ridiculous.

I'll keep the thread updated with any findings I get concerning the USB PCI Card though - but at this point I'm thinking XP may be the only way out.

Oh, and I have put a ticket in with Access - They have no idea. A kind chap gave me all the vanilla solutions but it looks like I have something quite unique here.