Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 28.03.2009, 11:34 AM
New here
New here

Default [Resolved] FlyHawaii's Endless String of Virus Issues.

Well, what an eventful weekend. In trying to get this Virus TI to work on my primary system, I saw -
  • The loss of £160 in additional computer peripherals/OS to make the damn thing work.
  • Over 15 hours of messing with Vista/XP/BIOS settings to attempt to make it work.
  • A dozen Virus TI "ARP Edit/Exit" button restarts.
  • 3 different USB Cables...
  • Hours of playing with the Virus in standalone mode to remind me why I bought it in the first place BUT...
It still doesn't work. But I know why now, sort of.

It hates my PC.

My Machine Spec follows;

Asus M2N32SLI-Deluxe Motherboard
2gb Corsair Dominator DDR2 Memory
AMD Black Edition 3.2ghz Dual Core Processor
Geforce 8800 GTX OC2 768mb Graphics Card.
1.7TB Storage over 3 Drives
Creative Fatal1ty XFI Soundcard

Safe to say, the Virus TI - for whatever reason, doesn't work on this hardware setup. NO idea why... Absolutely no idea.

Possibly a requirement to flash the BIOS? Possible USB failure on the board that isn't apparent until a high bandwidth device is connected?

All I know, is that despite trying two different OS's on two fresh installs, using a dedicated USB Controller Card and PS2 mouse/keyboard - The Virus has a grudge against this PC.

However, the TI is happily connected to my laptop right now, just to prove a point. Flawless install followed by a flawless connection to VirusControl.

Safe to say, The Access Virus TI2 keyboard is proving to be the most expensive piece of gear I've ever bought, not because it isn't cheap initially - but because I'm now shopping for ANOTHER PC to dedicate to running a DAW.

This is probably the best idea anyway, but god... what a carry on.

Last edited by FlyHawaii : 29.03.2009 at 09:34 PM.