Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 28.03.2009, 11:13 AM
New here
New here

Solution!

The USB Bandwidth issue WAS why the Virus couldn't connect.

The purchase of a USB PCI card fixed it and the virus connected fine.

Unfortunately now, when running the Virus through Ableton - I get a slow, delayed response and all sound is heavily distorted and laggy... Problems Problems...

Regardless, Connection issue is fixed - just have to figure out why all the patches are distorted and acting like they have a key hold setting (despite the fact neither patch has key hold enabled, or distortion.
Old 06.04.2009, 11:48 PM
New here
New here

I'm having the same problem - Vista Ultimate (32-bit), on a brand-new system (Core i7, DDR3 6GB, etc...). Get stuck at the "Scanning for ..." prompt.

I was able to use another pc with xp on it to upgrade to OS3, but can't use the VC on the new pc - it doesn't detect the virus.

I also noticed that in the Control Panel -->System --> Devices dialog that the Virus Midi controller won't start... not sure why though.

I've tried other usb cables, reset the virus multiple times, de/reinstalled drivers, etc... to no avail.

I too may try a pci usb controller just to see if that's the problem. I love my virus and want to use it to max power with my new daw.